Yes, it is a sert bike. Just wondered if anyone new about the frame bracing.

Looks like they made a whole new top section and heavily braced it. 

Wondering how much better it turned into corners. These models are quite a pig to turn into the corner as standard as they're top heavy,  once you've persuaded them to turn , then stable as you could want. I've succeed in making the process much easier by shedding tonnes of weight off the front (I'll explain in my write up of what ive done when internet lets me!) but still needs a good push on bars. Were hoping the bracing helped even more.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Madb said:

Yes, it is a sert bike. Just wondered if anyone new about the frame bracing.

Looks like they made a whole new top section and heavily braced it. 

Wondering how much better it turned into corners. These models are quite a pig to turn into the corner as standard as they're top heavy,  once you've persuaded them to turn , then stable as you could want. I've succeed in making the process much easier by shedding tonnes of weight off the front (I'll explain in my write up of what ive done when internet lets me!) but still needs a good push on bars. Were hoping the bracing helped even more.

Are you run the stock wheels? they weigh only marginally less than Jupiter.  Look at the amount of trail your running also.  

It's possible that  the frame you've posted has less rake built into the headstock, which will reduce the trail, but you'll only notice the bracing if your running very, very quickly indeed.

Not usless you're running bsb pace or have very,very, squidgy frame.  Removing the headlight etc is good, like wise a the lighter  gsxr 1000 front wheel.   Generally Gsxrs responded to more rear ride height, which takes rake and trail out of the front end, an helps them turn better.  You've done something similar by fitting shorter forks, but if the offset in the yokes is different you may have actually increased the amount of trail you have  hence the difficulty in getting it turned.

Edited by dupersunc

Cheers for info. Saves trawling through the bull off interweb.

The first thing i did when i got the bike were to lift back end up. Very bad understeer and the old tyres probs didnt help but kept tyres on while lifting rear till the understeer stopped. Then fitted race tecs and found that it argued with the process of turning and thats when i started striping the weight off the front. Its so much better but...

Oh and yes the do have a hinge in the frame when you up the pace but only thro lefty righty type turns!O.o.  Havent reach the hyperspeeds of bsb.... yet. Haha

Yosh/Sert fabricated new upper rails for them to stiffen things up I believe.

I assume, being that you had the glass headlight setup, that you've got a WN/WP without the braces between the head and the frame spars? the WS/WR had the braces, thinner wall frame sections, the lighter, stiffer braced arm & bigger swinger pivot, and plastic headlight setup to drop the weight. Still had pig iron wheels though.

2 hours ago, Gammaboy said:

Yosh/Sert fabricated new upper rails for them to stiffen things up I believe.

I assume, being that you had the glass headlight setup, that you've got a WN/WP without the braces between the head and the frame spars? the WS/WR had the braces, thinner wall frame sections, the lighter, stiffer braced arm & bigger swinger pivot, and plastic headlight setup to drop the weight. Still had pig iron wheels though.

yes haha pig iron wheels!!!haha wn model or it was before i tickered! headlight glass must weight half the bike weight!if you look on arm of chair. thats the mark 1 plastic cover i made to replace it.

I'm now in the process of writing up article for oss project. got the braced arm in.. 

1_20170120_003701[1].jpg

The engine are brill! Just the bloody weight let them down. I haven't weighed mine lately but crossing fingers it should be about 200kg fully fueled by now. Two years ago it were down to 215kg fueled up. So hoping..

Anyways,  that sert bike. Oooooh. Yum yum.

SERT and Domonic Melliand's operation are effectively based at Le Mans Circuit, the amount of track testing that they do is ridiculous. Base Engine spec for that bike will have been proven in Endurance, the year before. In this generation Yoshi might have a hand in some of the engine specs and certainly retailed model specific parts, but the actual fabrication of things like cams and valve trains is more likely to be sourced from the UK, shipped to Japan and then branded Yoshi.

On the chassis side, SERT have full fabrication facility in house, but that frame would probably have come from Japan as a full works frame, probably refining a test mule that was extensively modified by SERT around the outgoing model. The over braced Swinger is almost certainly a design that SERT employed to get around the problems with the Banana arm that proceeded it. Not much hope of going Endurance racing with one of them. My guess is that he probably bored out the pivot point on the WP as well.

Domonic is a secretive soul, but trust me, he's probably done more for Suzuki in chassis development than anybody else. Wasn't long ago that he was building Moto GP frames for the testing Schedule, though has no hands on role for the latest bikes.

• Like 1

Big thank you @markfoggy. 

I was hoping you would shed some of your knowledge on this. Brill.  Thank you. That frame just looks sooo lush. Any chance you might know of any? Just for a look see more than anything.

Does Sert have a display of any kind of past bikes or do they keep them hidden?

It's really strange endurance racing doesn't get the recognition it deserves. That really annoys me. 

That banana arm. F##k its heavy! So glad i swapped it for the braced one. Tho I've not as yet tried it out as yet as only recently fitted.

'93 bike was the first factory bike that they had where everything was adjustable, headstock angle, pivot point, and fully adjustable suspension.

I'm just doing my best to translate for you, it's a bit of a struggle, I've not been to France for a couple of years, my Engineering French is a little rusty. 

• Like 1

doing fine! oooooohhhhhhhh!! wished suzuki made that bike instead of what they produced! that bracing at the head stock! O.M.G!!! Had suzuki made that chassis instead.  What a wonderful world it would be,eh. Do you know  Domonic  or ever work for them? i know he shouts alot but thats the passion oozing out of him..