EFE Clocks

SiBag

I have a conundrum,

The wheel and fork arrangement that I am putting on my EFE will not give me enough room to fit a cable speedo drive. (I'm using GSXR K9 Forks and yolks with GSXR750 K5 Wheels.)

I don't want to ditch the EFE clocks.

Has anyone replaced the cable driven speedo with a digital replacement in the original control binnacle / clock surround ?

OR

Does anyone know of a digital / electronic to cable drive gizmo ?

Thanks.

Edited by SiBag

Is it a case of the binnacle being mounted in such a way that the cable simply wont fit.(angle of drive for instance)??.I only know of those converters that fit into the drive unit on the wheel and converts through wires to digital clock but that's not what you want.

Im sure a digital speedo off another bike or even a universal one could fit if you knew the dimensions and you were hands on.Give it a go.

(Im not sure if i still have my old knackered clocks for you to practice on)

I have no room between the fork and the wheel for the drive.

Iv found two units online that do this. But they are both designed for cars / trucks and are quite chunky.

One is made by DakotaDigital and the other is available from Abbott-tach

The idea is quite simple drive a short cable to the clocks via a 12v motor, and control the motor speed via the pulse from a magnetic pickup off the wheel etc.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Rene EFE said:

@Blubber will tell you

You rang, my lord ;)

I can tell what i did:

I placed a complete gsxr-1000 unit in a EFE housing.

PC202101.jpg

PC202102.jpg

DSC01352.jpg

Got the speedo to work by using GSXR1000 speed sensor. The gsxr1000 uses a castellated nut.

Because my EFE had an outrigger i could not use a castellated nu. Instead I welded 5 nuts on the front sprocket. In those nuts i put bolts to get the same effect.

Had to use a speedohealer to get the speed spot on.

DSC01348.jpg

Edited by Blubber
  • Like 1