GSX1100 valve springd

SiBag

On ‎24‎-‎6‎-‎2016 at 8:46 AM, FJD said:

what does Kent say ?

Yup, just ask Kent..

I reckon though looking at the spec they'll recommend using uprated springs as that is what it says in the Megacycle catalog about comparable cams.. But ask Kent anyway..

I ran these cams for long time with new standard springs but after the last engine rebuild I decided to replace them with ape uprated springs which should have been fine. Cams were toast in 200 miles. Now whether the springs were the cause or maybe because the rockers & cams had done a lot of miles who know. I have some new cams, rockers & new standard springs for the rebuild tho just in case. BTW I think the g4 is a Cam Motion profile

2 hours ago, Duckndive said:

There was a similar topic on face ache recently rupperton mentioned poss coil bind with stock springs and G4 cams ....

O.o

That rings a bell - pretty sure I had a G4/G8 combo and std springs in a early 1100 engine - didn't last long as probably bound springs locked the rockers and that took the cams out - looked like a war zone when the cover came off and the cams were somewhat flatter LOL!