Slabbie 7/11 thunderbike racer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
54 minutes ago, Markz9 said:

how did it go Duncan saw some piccys on face ache ?

Brilliant.  Lost my mojo a bit this year, but found it again on this trip.

Bike never missed a beat, just chucked fuel in and checked the tyre pressures.  Ran  a 2:03.1 fastest lap, though I didn't time all of them.  Bike did lose out on the straight a little, but held it's own everywhere else.  

Amazing track.

How did you get on at Oulton?

• Like 2

that sounds like a good few days even better if you don't have to mess about with the bike much

Friday practice at oulton went well right up to when I fell off it was drizzling and that my excuse good track I have never been round before did quite well and won my races but I think I may need a bit of Duncan input

IMG_0094.JPG

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:01 PM, dupersunc said:

off to Jerez in 2 weeks, with a dozen mates on modern 1000cc weapons.  I need a little more in my armoury.  

Kent suz1 cams fitted and dialled in. Carburattion upgrades installed.

:D

that's better nice set of 41mm they should pick up nicely !!

do you want to try and meet up before you go ? or wait until you get back 

• Like 2

Sounds a little fat - but once on song FCRs rock - I've got 39s on my with the following settings:

• 55 pilots 
  • 150 main jets (started with 160 and went down to these)
  • EMP jet needles (clip @4)
  • 200 main air jets
  • 100 pilot air jets (1 turn out)

It still feels a little fat - but the exhaust is the issue on mine. Either way you are going to love the hit from FCRs.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So Jerez was Epic.  Ended up knocking nearly 3 seconds of my PB with a 1:57.06.   Day 3 ended just before lunch when I got hit up the arse by an ex Josh Brooks BSB R1 going into the last turn.  R1 bloke went down, I carried on for 3 corners then thought I had a rear puncture.   

Tyre was fine....

IMG-20181208-WA0000.jpg.cd28087e181b2a5b658781dbd1e554cb.jpg

Ran out of brakes chasing Hamilton in the afternoon of day2, bleed the brakes to fix, but an upgrade is needed here.

Important thing is I was still quicker than my mate/arch nemesis Theo, on his modern R6. Theo grenaded his motor 2months before trying to beat me at Portimao. There has been much sledging since about who would be fastest at Jerez.  I was towing him round when we Both did our PBs, hence his big straight line speed advantage in the speed trace below.

I could keep him behind me and catch him a little on the straights, where as a Portimao he was wasting me. The cams and carbs have helped, but I still don't think I have much more than 125bhp. work required there too then.

Jerez2019%20TRvDW_zpsxdjcbru7.png

Going through the data from Jerez.  Fucked up the last corner on my best lap, lost 0.2s to the previous lap.  Found 0.3s in turns 2-3 on the last day by changing my line, there's another 0.2.-0.3s in 3 other corners.   Low 1:56's there already. 

Next year I need to;

Brake later into t1

Be braver into T5,  

Brake a touch later and turn in slightly later for T7.

Roll off later, and brush the brake for T11, rolling early and not braking currently.

Turn in a touch later for T12.

Lean my head and shoulders further from the centre of the bike when cornering

Bike;

Sort wobbly swingarm/frame issue

Fit 1216cc motor and slipper clutch.

Fit Brembo 4pot calipers.

increase front compression damping to improve feel on turn in.

Make alloy tank, that is lower and carries the fuel further back. This will  a) reduce weight, b)help me to tuck in lower on the straights, c) help me hang off the bike more, as currently my outer arm has to stretch over the tank.

Fuck it, that's got a be a 1:54. ;)

• Like 4