Slabbie 7/11 thunderbike racer

• 4 weeks later...

I've been pondering what direction to go with the development of this bike. 

I've been looking at some of the classic classes, the endurance legends really appeals. The bike is basically legal for the superbike class  except the 6 pot calipers and the crank cases..

Regs say you must use the earlier 1052 cases, not the 1127 cases i've got. :(

Fortunately a sensibly priced complete 1052 motor appeared for an hour on Eblag last weekend. I picked it up the following day. A bit of wheeling and dealing with the folk on here and elsewhere, and I have the parts to build this into a 1166cc  a nicley ported head and reground cams and set of rs40 flatslides. This will be built up later in the year and go in the chassis next winter.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Markz9 said:

the new fairing look good Duncan but you have only showed a couple of engines what all the other ones you have dotted around

The engine with the FCRs is the 1216, with RU big valve head, that's going in my road bike project, a 7/11 RRk rep.  You can all so see the corner of my mock up engine.

You know what we were saying about having too many projects....

2 hours ago, Markz9 said:

Oops I don’t know what I was thinking you definitely cannot have enough spare engines 

fired up big Bertha yesterday

I am amazed by that battery

Awesome. How does she sound?

Those batteries are witchcraft. :D

That reminds me, I need to sort those leads for the Anderson plug.

Edited by dupersunc
1 hour ago, Mar71n said:

(y) for the engine covers.

looks like a 750 RR frame.

I like the plan.

I have to confess Martin, the engine covers aren't yours. they're a used set that appeared on Eblag a couple of weeks ago with a buy iy now that I couldn't resist.  I think they were listed for 32 minutes...

The frame isn't a 750rr, but a 750k with a RGV 250 vj21 subframe wedged on. I'm glad it looks convincing.

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:29 PM, dupersunc said:

Awesome. How does she sound?

Those batteries are witchcraft. :D

That reminds me, I need to sort those leads for the Anderson plug.

Hi Duncan

it sounds good and quite loud the carbs pick up pretty quickly I am going to drop over to rays and get him to run it up on the dyno

they are its so light doesn't feel like its got anything in it !

if you could it will help I have a funny feeling the anderson socket is in its bag on my bench should I post it to you

1 hour ago, Markz9 said:

Hi Duncan

it sounds good and quite loud the carbs pick up pretty quickly I am going to drop over to rays and get him to run it up on the dyno

they are its so light doesn't feel like its got anything in it !

if you could it will help I have a funny feeling the anderson socket is in its bag on my bench should I post it to you

Yes, I thought I'd put it my bag, along with the lead we cut to length.

• 2 weeks later...

A big pile of bits is appearing in the workshop, new bearings for wheels and head stock, fork springs,  Brembo discs, oil cooler and lines,  renthal grips, Ram Air filters, Penske rear shock, shorter dog bones, Ignitech cdi and quick shifter,  Brembo radial m/c, H*nda Sp1 calipers, Aim dash and data logger.

Wheels are being blasted and powder coated.  Spike at Ragged edge racing is taking a mould of the fairing.

Next job is to brace the swing arm and weld up the tank and mount it correctly, then I can get them blasted and start the build proper. 

• Like 2