new member with GSX1100F

Rat

G'day, Ive recently bought an F model and it needs a lot of tlc to get it running again. I was told the carbys need re-kitted, are the kits readily available? It hasnt been started for a number of years, so I'd like some info with whats needed to get the beast going. I usually ride a blue colour and familiar with bike mechanics.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Welcome to oss,

good bottom end torque motors the gsx1100f, very similar to the gsxr1100 motors but with 34mm carbs and softer more bottom end cams, a lot of the gsxr bits will fit the gsxr motors carb,cams, zorst downpipes etc. You can get carb refurbishment kits off flybay or give rodinson a bell for the better oem seals and you get 10% off with them, when you tell them your a oss member ;)

Welcome aboard ! 

I would give the old girl a good going through  before starting - oil, filter, plugs, valve clearances and check the carbs' small orifices are clear and give them a good clean.

It sounds like the bike has pod filters fitted if the last owner said it might need a kit - that or the carbs were just playing misbehaving !

Like the guys have said, the GSX1100F motor is a lovely unit and the world's your mollusc as far as enhancements go.