which 750 model for 7/11 project

ok as title , itching to do a new project this year , the turboed 1216 lump is coming out of the gia framed bandit to be replaced by a 1371 , so I've got a low mileage engine that I cant see the point of selling on as I'm not going to get back much of what it owes me ( had new gearbox and every bearing replaced1400 miles ago) so thinking of building something using this . Idea I have is standard clean 750 with maybe some dymag wheels and a race exhaust . Motor will go back to high comp je pistons and Yoshi cams and Yoshi flatsides . Debating on the model , I don't like the look of the slab sides , I quite like the idea of a j/k model with the right way up forks but am I going to run into clearance issues with the taller motor and carbs ?

• Like 1

'88 750. Engine will fit fine and clearanceissues should be taken care off by the aformentioned flatslides. The 88/89 frame is the smallest, lightest and arguably the most extreme Slingshot frame. The later ones were all more civilised so no point in using them imho :)

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Rene EFE said:

'88 750. Engine will fit fine and clearanceissues should be taken care off by the aformentioned flatslides. The 88/89 frame is the smallest, lightest and arguably the most extreme Slingshot frame. The later ones were all more civilised so no point in using them imho :)

fatblokeonabandit built a k frame gsxr last year i believe with a bandit 1200 motor and stock carbs and had no clearance issues? interested about the clearance as I have a J frame myself sat in my room waiting for a bandit motor!

Colin, you may have pingel tap clearance to dress ,and the carbs should be ok, if you run cv,s it won't work been there chopped frame to suit caps,  also we had b12 with 750.j.k dot head. Rocker cover is removable but need to take breather cap off. Also we run gsxr-1000 micron serpent headers made huge difference to power! If you can get one. 

Its all do,able just make it happen small light frame big motor many hours of fun.:tu

• Like 1