New chain

20240908_175154.thumb.jpg.bab4e923509c7d78a81e31c81e319f7f.jpgI have searched and I am still not sure which Chain to get for my suzuki gsx 750e 1982 

For me it's a jungle  I know what gears to get but the chain is still a mystery 

Can anyone help 

Engine gear is JTF518-15

Rear wheel  is JTR818-41

And I counted 96 chain links 

But is it a 530 chain or?? Really confused 

20240908_175346.jpg

15 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

630 is standard but it might of been converted to 530 ?

Thx Tony. I will look into that. I find it strange  that Google doesn't come up with a suggestion when I put in all the information I already have. 

530/630 what is the difference. I was afraid that there would be a difference in the fitting to the gears ⚙️  versus chain

1 hour ago, zukidenmark said:

Thx Tony. I will look into that. I find it strange  that Google doesn't come up with a suggestion when I put in all the information I already have. 

530/630 what is the difference. I was afraid that there would be a difference in the fitting to the gears ⚙️  versus chain

the older big bikes used 630 chains but the more modern bikes use 530 and even smaller,  they are stronger and lighter. I use a 530 on my GSX1100ET and on my Zed 1200 (with bandit engine) a 525. 

by the way, if you have 630 sprockets you need a 630 chain,

Edited by TonyGee

Measure the distance between two chain rivets: if it's 5/8" (15.88mm) then it's a 530; if it's 6/8" (3/4", 19.05mm) then it's a 630. Older larger bikes used to use Titanic anchor-chain sized 630s back in the day. More modern smaller sized chains are stronger so you don't need a bloody great chain. 630s do look really cool though :). If you change the chain then it's always best to replace both sprockets too unless there's a good reason (e.g. using an expensive offset sprocket that still has much life left in it).

I take it the bike is standard ie not had modern wheels swingarm fitted.

Have you bort the sprockets yet? If not just go to JT sprockets or I think there's someone on here that has a shop (can't remember who) just tell JT what bike you have and order a chain and sprocket kit, the only thing other than the bike is if you want a different sprocket or chain size than standard (y) and o course if you want standard chain, o ring or x ring. I'd go for a o ring chain

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wraith said:

I take it the bike is standard ie not had modern wheels swingarm fitted.

Have you bort the sprockets yet? If not just go to JT sprockets or I think there's someone on here that has a shop (can't remember who) just tell JT what bike you have and order a chain and sprocket kit, the only thing other than the bike is if you want a different sprocket or chain size than standard (y) and o course if you want standard chain, o ring or x ring. I'd go for a o ring chain

Poss @gsxr884 at CP racetec ?

• Like 1