Carb identity?

Bought some 36mm slingshot cv carbs today at the local autojumble but im having trouble identifying them,they have twin fuel feed and use two cables,looks like dynojet needles as no markings and steel/alloy but the emulsion tubes are stamped either 6-x 259 or 652 x-9.they have the small square in the large square as normal.I can just about make out 1850 k232 or 1860 k232 on number one carb body.

I have had a good trawl on the web but no luck-any pointers?

cheers.

They're set up for a cable choke, so not GSXR, and the 1100s usually had a vertical rod for idle adjustment. Maybe 750F? But the twin cable setup is throwing me off, I can't remember what would have had that.

Dynojet emulsion tubes aren't marked, Mikuni are, and Dynojet needles don't work with Mikuni emulsion tubes. So probably stock or Factory Pro.

1 minute ago, Dezza said:

Ist generation watercooled carbs. 750 had 38, 100 had 40s. Spacings are different to OC. All the info is in the now deleted thread on carbs, so that was really helpful 9_9.

Most of them had 38s and 40s, some countries had 36s. Could also be GSXR 600w carbs.

That thread had some good info, but also a lot of info that was completely wrong and causing people to try hunting down the wrong parts.

13 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Look like Trumpet Daytona 1200 carbs to me. They are BST36SS carbs with twin feed and dual cables, and have the extended to the side idle knob. Wider spacing than than oil cooled 36's.

They look really similar, but the bracket that holds the idle adjuster looks more like a W model. Found an Eblag link with the trumpet carbs to compare.

https://www.Eblag.com/itm/166683597919?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=upabpsgjsow&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

12 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

That thread had some good info, but also a lot of info that was completely wrong and causing people to try hunting down the wrong parts.

Maybe it would have been a better idea to just remove the incorrect information and leave the rest.

Just a thought.

1 hour ago, bluedog59 said:

Maybe it would have been a better idea to just remove the incorrect information and leave the rest.

Just a thought.

What was right and what was not ? There seemed to be a LOT of conflicting advice also depending on where in the world it was coming from! I guess it will always be a problem with a 'global reach' forum - so many markets, so many permutations! :/

Immaterial now but i looked at all the trumpet12 carb pics i could find and they all had single cable mounts cast into the no2/3 carb,the ones i have are like the ones in the pic from a 1997 w model with bb marked carb tops.Mine still have odd emulsion tube numbers and needles.

Just a fyi if someone has the same problems identifying in the future

gsxr1100w 1997.gif

Edited by Enjoythesilence
  • Like 1