OC engine in AC bike cooling system

Hi.

Whats the general consensus on plumbing the oil cooler into a AC bike fitted with an oil cooled engine ?

My 1100E has a 1127 GSXR engine in with Bandit sump.

So far it has a bandit oil cooler (new) and home made connections between the sump and cooler because unless i'm mistaken using the stock bandit lines proved to be too long ?

Thanks 

There can't be that much difference in frame dimensions between a EFE frame and a Blandit one, so can't see how the cooler hoses are 'too' long ? Have you actually tried std Blandit hoses or is this something the Internet has informed you of ? :stop:

1 hour ago, Gixer1460 said:

There can't be that much difference in frame dimensions between a EFE frame and a Blandit one, so can't see how the cooler hoses are 'too' long ? Have you actually tried std Blandit hoses or is this something the Internet has informed you of ? :stop:

Yeah thats what i've come to realise.

I bought an old rad to make the mounts and it came with a pair of standard hoses.

I did try fitting it all but this was many years ago, and the fact that i did the actual set up i have on the bike made me think they weren't useable for some reason ?

I'd really rather have a standard part to use so then it's hassle free if possible.

Indeed both bikes aren't exactly much different in size but i cannot remember why i went against using stock hoses

Not a great picture at the moment as all is still in the "trying to make things look normal " phase but ...

IMG-20240728-WA0007.thumb.jpeg.cbe599429ef0e15e809895290d6af6fb.jpeg

My project ET has a roughly fitted GSX1100F engine with 1100F oil lines going to an oil cooler of a DR650 1991 - 1996. The oil fittings of the DR are a direct fit for the banjo bolts. 

• Like 1

So, you are using the 'tiny' oil cooler from a 60hp? 650 single to cool an 1100cc 4 cylinder with at least twice the hp and heat generation potential - what do you think is going to go wrong with that ? Just because it fits, doesn't mean it should be used! :stop:

4 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

So, you are using the 'tiny' oil cooler from a 60hp? 650 single to cool an 1100cc 4 cylinder with at least twice the hp and heat generation potential - what do you think is going to go wrong with that ? Just because it fits, doesn't mean it should be used! :stop:

My point was :

Oil cooled oil lines will work in an aircooled frame. 

Here is the disclaimer to my earlier post:

For my test purpose it will suffice.

I want to get this engine running to check for weird noises and needed to get the oil circuit "complete" before spending more time or parts on it. 

The DR650 cooler was on hand and it fitted. My other oil cooler on hand - from an EFE - did not as the fittings are different sizes. 

• Like 3