Neutral switch/gear position switch

Ok all, 

Going round in circles here, been told (on here) the gsx750/1100 has a neutral/gear position switch that is 35mm diameter where the rubber seal goes but everyone I ordered has a 25mm diameter?

Can someone say the year and model that has the 35mm diameter? 

Thanks 

20240403_145449.thumb.jpg.fba5382a2b37200517d56c76424212dc.jpg

All air cooled 4V GSX 1100 use a 36mm one  Part No 37720-09300-000  is neutral only switch as pic 

if you want gear position then its a Gsx 1100 EFE one still same size different part no

you can cross ref the part no,s on Fowlers website "not mobile friendly"  as  a few oil boilers use the same neutral switch "it is listed as discontinued though"

I,ll have a dig but the 25mm  "ish" is used on one or more 8V GS  models 

Edited by Duckndive
Spilling
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Duckndive said:

20240403_150211.thumb.jpg.738c58451f03591246b2439c5ec25385.jpg

26mm 2V GS one 

I you want a 36mm Neutral Switch one then i should have one 

Cheers,

I'm looking for one with the gear position. I've got a couple of the ones with just a neutral. 

I was told the the earlier gsx et has the same as the efe. But they all seem to be the 26mm ones.

36 minutes ago, wraith said:

Looking on the Alpha site, the 750 has the same one as the GS range and the 1100et is a different part number to the ef/efe 1100

1100ET only has a neutral light   , EF/EFE has neutral light and gear position indicator 

if you have an 1100ET with a gear indicator in the clocks it most likely has had 750ET clocks fitted at some point "they used to be very cheap 2nd hand" 

1100ET clocks have a bike symbol check panel  where as 750 ones have the gear indicator and there are small wiring differences 

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, wraith said:

Correct 4 different types 

Do both 26mm types fit all engines with a 26mm switch recess and likewise do both 36mm types fit all engines with a 36mm recess? If so, we need a table showing 26 and 36mm engines and models that had either basic neutral or gear indicator switches. I am interested in this because I have spare EFE gear indicator salvaged from some wrecked clocks (34 years ago O.o) that could go onto an oilcooled bike (26mm switch for gear indicator needed???).

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Dezza said:

Do both 26mm types fit all engines with a 26mm switch recess and likewise do both 36mm types fit all engines with a 36mm recess? 

Yes the switch,s fit the hole...

But for it to work correctly the hole in gearbox shaft needs to be in the same position as the donor bike..

33 minutes ago, Dezza said:

I am interested in this because I have spare EFE gear indicator salvaged from some wrecked clocks (34 years ago O.o) that could go onto an oilcooled bike (26mm switch for gear indicator needed???).

Not all oil cooled use a 26mm switch ....

early slingshots and blandits use a 36mm switch as we used an EFE one for a Nos trigger  :banana:

and to confuse even more a lot of the modern water boiled sports bikes use 26mm switches for gear position :P

Edited by Duckndive
Spilling
  • Like 2

Yep, I was holding that one back: the aircooled and oilcooled selector mechanisms work in different directions so if for example a 26mm gear position switch (from an old four) was used on an oilcooled bike, to get it to work correctly with an OEM Suzuki gear indicator (that to my knowledge were only ever fitted to big aircooled fours and some ancient two strokes), would require at least a load of faffing about with the wiring.

10 hours ago, Duckndive said:

Not all oil cooled use a 26mm switch ....

early slingshots and blandits use a 36mm switch as we used an EFE one for a Nos trigger  :banana:

and to confuse even more a lot of the modern water boiled sports bikes use 26mm switches for gear position :P

Mmm I thought all oil cooled used the larger 36mm ones, yet one more school day :tu 

I wonder what the gsxr1100k is, will have to go and have a look.

So earlier switch from GSX1100 is 26mm and fits B12? The switch on my EFE is the larger 36mm type. Like Wraith I used to think that all GSX1100 switches were the same but that does not seem to be so.