Oldskoolsuzuki track-day and get together Cadwell July 2016

YJ, I notice the groups are novice,inters and fast/race as they used to be but the last couple of years they were novice,euro/brit,pocket rocket,supers and fast....is it like the former again this year or the latter.

Im only curious but i guess inters would be in superbike class?...either way as long as the track open i do not care ;)

Oh and do we need to download the relevant forms ourselves?..i know we can do it early on the day before registration but it does get really busy in the room and the more time i can save to get into the zone (go for a pre race poo) the better.

Edited by Sheep
Guest YoshiJohnny
7 hours ago, Sheep said:

YJ, I notice the groups are novice,inters and fast/race as they used to be but the last couple of years they were novice,euro/brit,pocket rocket,supers and fast....is it like the former again this year or the latter.

Im only curious but i guess inters would be in superbike class?...either way as long as the track open i do not care ;)

Oh and do we need to download the relevant forms ourselves?..i know we can do it early on the day before registration but it does get really busy in the room and the more time i can save to get into the zone (go for a pre race poo) the better.

I will email the forms closer to the time once they are sorted by Darin and Rob at CBT... plenty of time to fill them out.

There is no "Inter" class so it's the latter (if you aren't happy in the group you are in, chances are you can be moved into a more suitable one but it's not guaranteed as it will be a full quota on the Saturday. The guys are very keen to ensure it's FUN for everyone so if you aren't happy just say.

YJ

On 18 February 2016 at 9:39 PM, Sheep said:

No mate its fine....i would look slow in the novice let alone the supers lol....cheers ;)

Just do your own thing bud it's about you enjoying it and letting others do their stuff. I'm in the novice group because I've never been to Caldwell and I don't feel like smashing my bike up trying to be a hero. 

• Like 1
Guest YoshiJohnny

Anyone quicker has to go around you the long way....it's the law...

Surprising the difference in ability of riders so it's all about respect....give it...and expect it

I started in novice but moved to a higher group last year and although i was faster than some,others left me behind.I can remember my first year there and i found myself trying too hard to keep up and trying to get my knee down etc lol..i then thought 'fudge it' and just rode my own way and unsurprisingly i felt a lot faster.Corners became easier and i started keeping people in check.

The Hairpin and Barn bends i struggled with,but i loved coppice and Chris curve.

just booked in for cadwell park on the saturday :D:D:D:D , they have set up a new group for people that have done trackdays before it's called novice plus , for those that have done  , them before but not had much track time lately , i'm in that one , novice plus on a 1200 bandit , cheers marlin 

24 minutes ago, marlin said:

just booked in for cadwell park on the saturday :D:D:D:D , they have set up a new group for people that have done trackdays before it's called novice plus , for those that have done  , them before but not had much track time lately , i'm in that one , novice plus on a 1200 bandit , cheers marlin 

Sounds sensible otherwise it will be..... did 1 lap, it all came back to me...:)in the bales lap 2 off to med centre wristband cut-off...bike dead:(....speaking from experience9_9

To go fast at first you must go slow...this is what I keep telling myself:tu

Edited by Simbec1863
missing info
  • Like 1
Guest YoshiJohnny
On 22/02/2016 at 9:21 AM, fatblokeonbandit said:

One very important question Mr Johhny Sir, Pasty or Cider???????:tu

Oh my that's a toughie.... bring both just to be safe :D

YJ