Oldskoolsuzuki track-day and get together Cadwell July 2016

On 26 January 2016 at 1:32 PM, YoshiJohnny said:

OK anyone wanting to book needs to get their payment to me asap...PM me for my paypal address it's £132 per day with discount or £245 for both days. There is no mad rush but get it done before the book is full....even if you just book one day now...get it done

I have to book in blocks of 5 for the discount

I didn't realize there was a £5 donation towards NABD charity for the lunchtime parade (moped race!) lol

YJ

Moped race I see???!??? 

44 minutes ago, Burnout said:

Looking at the smoke thats being laid down there in that last pic lol i dont think its that bad 

That was Donington. I like stink wheels as much as the next man but when it's in the high twenties and you're lined up for 20 minutes in a big group waiting to go, they're smelly bastards. There was a guy in front of me at the track entrance who just kept blipping his throttle and it was going straight into my helmet.this went on for about 15 minutes. I eventually asked him to stop it and fortunately for his personal safety he obliged. 

• Like 2

The only test they really do is a decibels reading/noise test,105db if i remember....i guess if your bike is destroying itself in front of them they may ask you politely to park up lol..I made exhaust inserts for mine (big twin) but i could swear i heard louder bikes out there lol.they will give you a sticker to show you passed but they may write on it if they see a baffle insert.I guess its to make sure you use it all day.I didn't.I took mine out after hearing other bikes and no-one blinked an eye!!!....its those 2 strokes drowning me out ;)

Guest YoshiJohnny
3 hours ago, VJ said:

Whats the scrutineers like YJ? Id love to take my ratty teapot 6/12 around but im not sure it'l pass

No scrutineers BUT it's gotta be safe....and pass the noise test 105db max...the onus is on YOU to prep the bike to a standard fit for tearing around a track flat out...it's your neck at the end of the day.

It doesn't have to be lockwired or have oil catch trays or shark fins like race bikes have to....but they are all good ideas put in place to stop accidents happening.

That said... as long as it's safe... it's fun

Guest YoshiJohnny
On 29/01/2016 at 9:08 PM, YoshiJohnny said:

small.jpg

ANYONE fancying it? Gonna book with Darin tomorrow and one more would make up 10 for the discount....

£132 is a lot of money but it's a great way to spend a day doing what we love doing...riding old bikes silly fast

Guest YoshiJohnny

yep...camping is free...we will have our own corner probably out of the way of the paddock just so we don't upset anyone by giggling past midnight...

£5 per head per night BBQ will be brought with coals and burgers and baps and sausages...if you bring your own meat you can cook it yourself .... bring your own beer...there is a bar...there is a band... there is good company...

The venue is very central and close to the Hull ferry if anyone else wants to come from across the water...

Cost of the weekend can be £free if you bring your own food and beer etc...very laid back but it would be nice if people stumped up for BBQ in advance rather than turn up and then decide the burgers look really good...

:D

We have the first ten places sorted for track sessions

YJ

Guest YoshiJohnny

We will do it closer to the time cheers...probably to Katana Dave who will be doing the bulk of the cooking as he's bloody awesome at it..

All help will make it easier but closer to the time will be ok for the dosh as there isn't a limit on the numbers as far as BBQ is concerned

YJ

1 hour ago, YoshiJohnny said:

We are being given a spot to congregate so it will be a bit like a wagon train... bikes, vans....7.5 ton wagons etc etc

You will find us

I guess keeping an eye open for tyre smoke,turbo whine,and general shits and giggles will help lol