Oldskoolsuzuki track-day and get together Cadwell July 2016

15 hours ago, majortom4 said:

Will have an exhaust on unfortunately to make it quite enough :-(

would a sock do the trick?? Haha

I have a full system that i put on for sound testing. Put the stubby back on after. On the move on track turbo damps out enough noise not to set ride by monitors off

13 hours ago, MeanBean49 said:

I have a full system that i put on for sound testing. Put the stubby back on after. On the move on track turbo damps out enough noise not to set ride by monitors off

i have just (roughly) welded up an 'exhaust' that I can slip my end can and link pipe into, can be slipped out with just removing a bolt so will see if it's too load on the track without it. 

What do they do if it is too load on the track? Just warn you and tell you to make it quite rot kick you off?

10 minutes ago, majortom4 said:

i have just (roughly) welded up an 'exhaust' that I can slip my end can and link pipe into, can be slipped out with just removing a bolt so will see if it's too load on the track without it. 

What do they do if it is too load on the track? Just warn you and tell you to make it quite rot kick you off?

They do a static test at a given rpm(5,000??) then sticker your bike if it passes(below the given limit-depending on the track) if it fails then no sticker try again after sticking a sock in it or no pass no sticker no ride I think.

Cadwell used to be max 105db static not drive by-most normal race systems are less than that but you have a turbo so can't guess,my GSXR without baffle is around 98db but seems much louder when you ride it so you may have nothing to worry about:tu I'm sure one of the turbo bods can give better advice;)

1 hour ago, majortom4 said:

If they think its too loud on track they just call you in and have a word. Just sort it out. Mine is loud stood still but ok under load. Not had any issues yet.

Just to add,if you end up having to fit an insert/db killer to your end can they may,if they notice,scribble a 'b' on your sticker to say it has a baffle insert....ive rode mine with it in,then took it out and i/they couldn't tell the difference really.Its just whether the officials notice you have taken them out while waiting to go on track in pit lane.

I didn't tell you this but if you can hold it at slightly less than 5000rpm without them noticing it may help with passing the test ;)...simplest thing is to quieten it before the day..oh and if you have freshly packed a can with fiberglass packing make sure it doesn't come out during the test covering the unsuspecting RGV250 owner behind you mwahaha...

• Like 1
Guest YoshiJohnny
On 26/02/2016 at 0:18 PM, YoshiJohnny said:

Me Saturday (possibly Sunday as well) Superbike Lockhart Slabby

Katana Saturday (quick) novice Bandana

Aidzuki both days Superbikes (fast lads) GS1000

Sheep Saturday?? Superbike GSX1100E *

KatanaMangler Saturday Novice Kat spesh

Rick Parker Saturday Novice Slabby 750 *

370Steve Saturday Novice Plus GS1000

RSVFletch Saturday Novice GS1000

Rene Saturday Novice GSXR750

Kev Kent Saturday Novice GSX1100EFE

JB Saturday Novice 750 Slabby

Rob Bean Sunday Superbikes .......Turbo Spondon Monster

MajorTom Sunday Novice Turbo 1200 Bandit

groups are easily changed if need be (I did!) instructors are ace and really worth asking for their tuition which is free

£132 for Sunday only now........ a very few places left now

YJ

PS Gary (FBOAB),Marlin, Simbec1863 and Baza are also booked on track but I don't need to keep them updated or send them things as they done it themselves and didn't get the discount :)

Guest YoshiJohnny
12 minutes ago, Sheep said:

What exhaust/silencer is that Yoshi?.....looks sweet.

Silencer Ebargain £50 er

made in China despatched from Germany..

rest of system is Micron race headers and Exhaustcraft link pipe

Edited by YoshiJohnny
Guest YoshiJohnny
5 hours ago, Harry66 said:

I'm in.  Got the lovely wife's approval on 3rd pint last night.  Can u let me know how to book with discount?  Ta

sent you a PM....in a minute

Are we limited on space for OSS??...its just that i'm considering camping over Friday to save rushing about early on Saturday morning..once i have bought the tent that is lol...it also depends on getting a sitter for the kids ;)

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

Are we limited on space for OSS??...its just that i'm considering camping over Friday to save rushing about early on Saturday morning..once i have bought the tent that is lol...it also depends on getting a sitter for the kids ;)

Coming up on the Friday too. The Mrs and I will entertain all with our attempt to erect the tent and the subsequent row!

Guest YoshiJohnny
14 hours ago, Sheep said:

There was loads of room last year .... camping is free for riders but I may need a list of people who are coming to camp just to keep the Circuit guys happy..