monoshock 1100 ES/EZ frame

looking for pictures of any monoshock GSX1100 conversions , i have several swingarms to choose from GSXR 1100 , RF900 etc
i think i will probably use the Rf900 arm and linkage assembly as i have a shocker for that setup 
i was thinking about an adjustable top mount so i could raise the ride height if needed , this is where i would like ideas and pictures of how anyone else has done theirs .
obviously the battery will probably need moving as well to make room for the shock so something else i want pictures of . airbox won,t be refitted when finished as gsxr carbs and twin K&N filters will be used 

On 1/17/2024 at 11:59 AM, WimBaas said:

I took the easy way and bought a complete kit from Custom Wolf Germany. Ment for a gsxr 1100 swingarm but I put a 1250 bandit swingarm in. I can make some measurements if you want.

IMG-20240108-WA0003.jpg

Umlenkung.jpg

is the suspension rocker arm mounted to the original centre stand mounts on this ?

• 2 weeks later...

Above some pictures of my attempt to monoshock a GSX frame. At the same time installed beefier swingarm axle points.

The laser cut template is to maintain the correct geometry of the suspension linkage. Swingarm is a B12

• Like 1

No detail photos of mine and was done by previous owner but here goes, gsxr1100 arm fitted,monoshock with piggyback reservoir(I would have fitted a standard non piggy back shock) more room.Battery box still in place this is the only pic I have.

IMG_0063.jpeg

Edited by Simbec1863
  • Like 1
53 minutes ago, Simbec1863 said:

No detail photos of mine and was done by previous owner but here goes, gsxr1100 arm fitted,monoshock with piggyback reservoir(I would have fitted a standard non piggy back shock) more room.Battery box still in place this is the only pic I have.

IMG_0063.jpeg

That is a good point. With piggyback shock you loose some space for a battery box. In my case not an issue as I made a new one for a lithium battery anyway

Knipsel.JPG

On 1/29/2024 at 8:23 PM, LLD said:

Above some pictures of my attempt to monoshock a GSX frame. At the same time installed beefier swingarm axle points.

The laser cut template is to maintain the correct geometry of the suspension linkage. Swingarm is a B12

i was considering cutting the pivot bosses out on mine and turning up some new ones to take the 20mm spindle. i helped a mate do the same on his years ago and i cut the bosses out with a hole saw like you have done 
i had also thought about stripping the swingarm out of my GSXR1100L and making a jig to get the suspension ratio correct .
just one thing that crossed my mind on yours you say swing arm is bandit 12  but the suspension linkage is GSXR which is totally differnet shape to bandit . so how will that work out for the geometry ??