Blandit turbo first ride.

Pegleg

Been for the first test run :banana:

Fuckin awesome, shoulda done it years ago B|  

Few minor issues. Idle is very hit and miss. Bigger pilots have been suggested but could anyone recommend a size? Rough as bollox pulling away from a standstill. Clears at 2000 ish rpm.

Malpassi regulator fitted but can't get  steady pressure whichever way I turn the screw. Anticlockwise to reduce pressure?

Think its getting too much oil to the unidentified 'Chineseum' turbo. Any suggestions for a restrictor size. 

Don't get a lot of time to tinker with it so any help saves time. 

Ta. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Been for the first test run :banana:

Fuckin awesome, shoulda done it years ago B|  

Few minor issues. Idle is very hit and miss. Bigger pilots have been suggested but could anyone recommend a size? Rough as bollox pulling away from a standstill. Clears at 2000 ish rpm.

Malpassi regulator fitted but can't get  steady pressure whichever way I turn the screw. Anticlockwise to reduce pressure?

Think its getting too much oil to the unidentified 'Chineseum' turbo. Any suggestions for a restrictor size. 

Don't get a lot of time to tinker with it so any help saves time. 

Ta. 

Did you check the fuel pressure?

I had to shorten the spring in mine, 1.5 / 2 psi is what you want.

If you have everything right it should be pretty close to stock, if the bike ran alright before turbo'ing it, it should run ok with a turbo.

Don't guess, meassure!!

Edited by Reinhoud
5 hours ago, Baron said:

Why do you think that you got too much oil flow?

How is your turbo oil return made?

Getting oil in the exhaust pipe. Read a lot now that they normally need a restrictor as the pump delivers too much oil. I have a Facet scavenge pump returning oil to the crankcase above the clutch. Checked the feed pipe banjos and no restrictor is present. 

22 minutes ago, Reinhoud said:

Did you check the fuel pressure?

I had to shorten the spring in mine, 1.5 / 2 psi is what you want.

If you have everything right it should be pretty close to stock, if the bike ran alright before turbo'ing it, it should run ok with a turbo.

Don't guess, meassure!!

Can't get a steady reading on the inline guage I use for set up, maybe need a better guage.  Carbs are balanced. 
Main jets size 115.
Needle clip position second from the top.
Air screws 3 turns out.

Will try cutting the spring. 

Thanks. 

2 to 2.5 fuel pressure,drill a fuel main jet to i think its 1mm ,drill and tap your banjo bolt suit the jets thread and fit it to the banjo bolt for your turbo oil feed pipe which i presume is being fed from the oil gallery plug below the ign casing,also either make a small reservoir or use a big bore pipe in the oil return from your turbo,so the oil drains from the turbo properly. I put my pilot jets up one size on my 34s.

1 hour ago, Paulm said:

2 to 2.5 fuel pressure,drill a fuel main jet to i think its 1mm ,drill and tap your banjo bolt suit the jets thread and fit it to the banjo bolt for your turbo oil feed pipe which i presume is being fed from the oil gallery plug below the ign casing,also either make a small reservoir or use a big bore pipe in the oil return from your turbo,so the oil drains from the turbo properly. I put my pilot jets up one size on my 34s.

Thanks @PaulmSeems like i need to get the fuel pressure nailed down properly before I mess with jetting. Yes turbo being fed from the gallery plug. I'm gonna see how much oil gets passed by the turbo Saturday. Not sure what quantity should be passed over say 10 seconds, but somone here will probably know. This is my turbo drain set up. received_1217797279617856.thumb.jpeg.10d272699860947864d6d3aec16efad4.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

Thanks @PaulmSeems like i need to get the fuel pressure nailed down properly before I mess with jetting. Yes turbo being fed from the gallery plug. I'm gonna see how much oil gets passed by the turbo Saturday. Not sure what quantity should be passed over say 10 seconds, but somone here will probably know. This is my turbo drain set up. received_1217797279617856.thumb.jpeg.10d272699860947864d6d3aec16efad4.jpeg

Ive got small reservoir on mine between that pipe and the turbo,i'll get a pic for you.

41 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

1 hour ago, Paulm said:

This is my set up,are you getting oil in the exhaust while its running? You will almost certainly need a restrictor in the oil line and id advise putting a one way valve in that line as well to stop oil bleeding through when the motor isnt running.

20230921_190312.jpg

That's neat. Will look at making something similar. I've read that people fit one way valves. Any links for one? Not sure what I'm looking for.