Blandit turbo first ride.

Pegleg

On 10/2/2023 at 3:12 AM, Pegleg said:

Yes is a Blandit. Couldn't tell you what pump it is, came with the kit :| You can hear the fuel returning to the tank. Malpassi FPR is plumbed as: Pump feeds FPR. FPR to carbs. Return to the tank via modified guage sender. Boost reference to carb top. Tried the pump pressure at 3 psi, same symptoms. 20231002_110955.thumb.jpg.87bea540e76f0e743a836c84e9fd6ca9.jpg

This isn't the typical regulator most of us are using. I do believe this is more typical. https://ca.gsparkplug.com/1x-malpassi-petrol-king-8mm-tails-fpr008b.html?wi=off&gclid=CjwKCAjw4P6oBhBsEiwAKYVkqxM_gmnCuQR25Xa7EAiS2wbKP5DlwYbwmgR3Ah_3rsKarGaGHhx80BoCQ1cQAvD_BwE

2 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

That's what I have but mine looks cheaply made. Maybe a copy. I'm fitting a temporary fuel pressure guage to the bars to see if the pressure is dropping out and causing the issue. Have fitted an 8mm fitting too the tank. The stock tap does look restrictive. 

16 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

Have fitted an 8mm fitting too the tank. The stock tap does look restrictive. 

On my turbo 11 when i did the clean up rebuild, i sold the stock tap because i didn't need it, and fitted one of those spigot set ups i showed you the other day.

10mm spigot.

Like on my normal bikes i used a piece of fine stainless mesh to act as a tank filter

The electric pump couldn't draw enough through that, it was bottoming out, i figured that out because on test rides, i could only do an exact amount of meters before it stalled.

That mesh is sized around the same gauge as the plastic tap mesh filter, znd works fine on my normal Suzuki, but the electric pump was having none of it

Took out the mesh and put a car filter inline and that was settled

39 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

That's what I have but mine looks cheaply made. Maybe a copy. I'm fitting a temporary fuel pressure guage to the bars to see if the pressure is dropping out and causing the issue. Have fitted an 8mm fitting too the tank. The stock tap does look restrictive. 

When I had mine going I was running 2psi fuel pressure, for some reason the float needles started leaking after a while and had to drop the pressure to 1.5 psi.

1 hour ago, Joseph said:

On my turbo 11 when i did the clean up rebuild, i sold the stock tap because i didn't need it, and fitted one of those spigot set ups i showed you the other day.

10mm spigot.

Like on my normal bikes i used a piece of fine stainless mesh to act as a tank filter

The electric pump couldn't draw enough through that, it was bottoming out, i figured that out because on test rides, i could only do an exact amount of meters before it stalled.

That mesh is sized around the same gauge as the plastic tap mesh filter, znd works fine on my normal Suzuki, but the electric pump was having none of it

Took out the mesh and put a car filter inline and that was settled

I made a spigot type as you suggested from thick alloy with a nitrile gasket. I've used 8mm spigot. Can change to 10mm if I still have problems. I was gonna ask for inline filter suggestions. 

1 hour ago, Reinhoud said:

When I had mine going I was running 2psi fuel pressure, for some reason the float needles started leaking after a while and had to drop the pressure to 1.5 psi.

I've had mine up to 3psi static with the carbs pulled from the rubbers to check for flooding. If it can't get enough fuel it probably wouldn't flood. Mind you. It was returning fuel to the tank so maybe. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Maggotbreath said:

My apologies, meant to post this link. https://www.dellortoshop.com/contents/en-us/p3714_FPR009-Malpassi-TURBO-Fuel-Pressure-Regulator-Single-Outlet.html

Also used on these kits for over 15years now. https://www.proboost.fi/motorcycle-turbo-kits?lightbox=dataItem-ij5bu4bw

Edited by Maggotbreath
  • Like 1