Carburator question - GSX1100E

Hello! I own a 1982 suzuki gsx1100e

I am looking for some help with figuring out where a part is located and what its function is. Attached is a picture where a hose (nr 27) is missing on my bike. The hose should connect to a "starter bracket" (nr 60). Im hoping someone can tell me where the starter bracket is and what the function of the hose and bracket is.

Some backround info is that the bike will not run on "on" or "res" setting, but runs fine on "pre". Can this be related? If not, any tips?

Screenshot_20230802_205449_Chrome.jpg

Edited by MarkusNG
Adding info

My eyes hurt O.o The picture is so small I can't see the parts properly. Do you mean the choke rod and the little brackets that operate the choke plunger in each carb? They sit on the rod and are held in place with a grub screw. One bracket takes the choke cable. I guess you haven't tried starting your bike from cold recently.

• Like 1

Missing hose, won't run with fuel tap set to on or res,but runs when set to pre (or is it pri ?)

I'm going guess that it's a vacuum hose that operates the fuel tap. There should be either a hose from the tap that's not connected or a spigot on the tap with no hose if it's missing  or a hose from the carbs that it's not connected to anything, Google some images of the carbs in situ rather than parts diagrams they maybe more helpful

Edited by DAZ
Addition

Should be two pipes coming from the carbs to the tap, a smaller one and a bigger one. 

The smaller one is the vacuum pipe that should be fitted at number 79 (in your pic from what I can tell) but at the front part of carb. 

The other is fuel pipe that goes between carbs 2 and 3 

Don't run the bike for long with no vacuum pipe on or internal damage to the engine can happen.

A pic of your carbs would help sort out what you're missing. 

Part #27 (on that diagram) isn't a hose its a seal? on the end of the butterfly shaft! And it would be unusual to have a mechanical clamp fixing of a hose to that bracket - especially if is a vac. hose just fixing to the fuel tap! Didn't these bikes have a cable operated choke - that cable would be secured to that bracket IMO!

1 hour ago, Gixer1460 said:

Part #27 (on that diagram) isn't a hose its a seal? on the end of the butterfly shaft! And it would be unusual to have a mechanical clamp fixing of a hose to that bracket - especially if is a vac. hose just fixing to the fuel tap! Didn't these bikes have a cable operated choke - that cable would be secured to that bracket IMO!

I think the numbers he's quoted have no connection to the symptoms !!!!  but he did mention a hose was missing which is why it won't run on ON & RES.  me thinks he's made a mistake O.o 

• Like 3

79 is the vac hose ( small bore pipe ) 81 the fuel hose ( large bore pipe)

it’s a struggle to get them on the tap the wrong way round as the smaller bore vac pipe would be difficult to fit onto the large bore fuel outlet.

Pri= prime, and opens the fuel tap to flood the float bowls that’s why you’ve got fuel flowing, turn it off prime and stick a hose onto the small bore vac side of the tap, suck on the vac pipe and fuel should flow from the fuel tap large bore outlet if alls well.

leaving it on prime will test your float valve shut off action, if any float valves are not sealing you can get fuel filling a cylinder, first you will know is if you go to start it and it locks up. Can also bleed fuel past the rings into the crankcases.