Hi folks, thought it was time I joined after reading numerous articles by Gary Hurd in PS before its demise. Anyway, 30 years and three kids after owning a GSX1100EX and a GSX1100EF i thought it time to get back on a bike. I had a near fatal experience but fully recovered and thought life is for living so bought a Ducati Monster 796, which I love by the way. But my heart says 1100EF with modern suspension. Nothing but nothing has that wall of torque like the aircooled 1100, so I've set myself a mission. Ducati is great for the A & B roads but she's not comfy or as lazy as I recall the EF.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DaveV65 said:

Thanks for the welcome, I'll have to dig out the old photos of the EX and EF. I also have my good lady's first bike squirrelled away in the shed, an old GSX400F, ripe for restoration. 

GSX400F was my first Big bike too!

Edited by dynodave

Well it is aircooled and it's on the aircooled forum! The back end would be nice but the front end is completely non adjustable so waste of time even on a svelte Monster. I will be looking for plenty of advice as to what the best swaps front and rear are, and easiest of course.