Oil cooler Alternates

FB33

If aftermarket, then something akin to a Mocal 19 row std. width will cope with most things. It may be 'cool and stylish' to have a small cooler which may cope with day to day running but not so clever on a hot day stuck in traffic and cooking the engine - just my personal opinion!

• Like 2

Well everybody's opinion will vary ,now the stock 1100f is faired and the cooler will have been sized to allow for that and two passengers,ones with luggage possibly as it was a tourer on a hot day stuck in stop start traffic, so yes you probably could run a smaller cooler but if you do be prepared to upgrade it if it isn't sufficient, I think the gsx600f teapot was quite small if I remember correctly only 9 rows , will it be enough,honestly I don't know,  most here tend towards the performance mocal type coolers but maybe not the look you want for your chop

7 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

if their is room how about a smallish cooler and fit a fan behind it ?   my GSX1400 has a fan but its rare to here it on them, but the 1400 has a very big cooler :D

That's not a bad idea actually, I'll have a think on that. Combine it with a gsx600f cooler

32 minutes ago, FB33 said:

That's not a bad idea actually, I'll have a think on that. Combine it with a gsx600f cooler

Well if you do you'll need to fit a thermostatic  switch to control it obviously,but also consider a oil temp display (small digital even built into some of the fancy gauges that do everything thing,revs and gears etc,) just so you could see what's what 

15 minutes ago, DAZ said:

Well if you do you'll need to fit a thermostatic  switch to control it obviously,but also consider a oil temp display (small digital even built into some of the fancy gauges that do everything thing,revs and gears etc,) just so you could see what's what 

I will be doing that.

I have a teapot 600 cooler on my B12 engined EFE, it previously had a Powerscreen engine. Only once ever had any slight overheating issues, was on a f@cking hot day, stop-start traffic, with a passenger.

I'd say a Teapot 600 cooler is enough for your application.

Edited by Captain Chaos
grammar (I blame the beer)
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I have a teapot 600 cooler on my B12 engined EFE, it previously had a Powerscreen engine. Only once ever had any slight overheating issues, was on a f@cking hot day, stop-start traffic, with a passenger.

I'd say a Teapot 600 cooler is enough for your application.

That good to know, cheers.

48 minutes ago, Upshotknothole said:

How much street time does the bike actually get? If you just want it for at the strip, stick a teapot or b6 cooler on it, they're both pretty small and with a little creativity could probably be ran vertical down the front frame tube.

It'll get loads of street time once it's built. I'm chopper Club, so thousands of miles per year in all weather, no excuses.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, FB33 said:

It'll get loads of street time once it's built. I'm chopper Club, so thousands of miles per year in all weather, no excuses.

Cool, a 600 cooler is probably gonna be the absolute minimum then. Maybe a B12 cooler if you're trying to keep costs down and keep it stock. My stock GSXR 750 slingshot gets really hot and smelly on hot days sitting in traffic, and that's with the giant curved oil cooler that it came with. On a naked build the B12 cooler or similar size should be fine.