Airbox rubbers

Jeb

Hi all,

The carb to airbox rubbers on my 1100f are rock hard and cracked, as I'm not mad enough to buy genuine ones has anyone got any suggestions for replacing them?

After many cans of stella yesterday I thought about using some car radiator hose, I know its a bit Heath Robinson but genuine ones are about 70 quid each!

Any help would  be appreciated as I know I need the airbox on for it to run properly. 

Cheers 

2 hours ago, Jeb said:

Hi all,

The carb to airbox rubbers on my 1100f are rock hard and cracked, as I'm not mad enough to buy genuine ones has anyone got any suggestions for replacing them?

After many cans of stella yesterday I thought about using some car radiator hose, I know its a bit Heath Robinson but genuine ones are about 70 quid each!

Any help would  be appreciated as I know I need the airbox on for it to run properly. 

Cheers 

Apart from the engine, carbs, switches, cdi unit and loom, when an 1100 powerscreen is broken the seller can often barely give the bits away. So my guess is try and identify from various ads when and where someone is breaking one and then ask for the odds and sods you want :).