Wire Identification

Am customising a mk2 Bandit 1200 loom for my Harris project with koso clocks. All work now apart from I have 3 wires left from the loom black/yellow, red, and orange/green. Question is which one is the tacho and what should I do with the other 2. All 3 wires did go to the b12 clocks. IMG_20210727_185907.thumb.jpg.2e5cbc54895ca3fb71a039dc318713fb.jpg IMG_20210727_191359.thumb.jpg.dcd52f658ff9147da14d1314a4f14721.jpg

• Like 1

If at least some of the colour coding is the same as other Suzuki looms, then the orange / green will be a switched positive. With the clocks lit up, you should get 12v to earth (maybe only with the lights switched on). On both my bikes black/yellow is the feed from one of the coils to the tacho so maybe the same here. I have no experience with mk2 Blandits, but do they have anything that is on permenently like a clock? If so the red may be a direct positive from the battery and you'll get 12v to earth even without having to turn the ignition on. Hopefully someone who has worked on mk2 Blandits will be along soon :)

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Dezza said:

If at least some of the colour coding is the same as other Suzuki looms, then the orange / green will be a switched positive. With the clocks lit up, you should get 12v to earth (maybe only with the lights switched on). On both my bikes black/yellow is the feed from one of the coils to the tacho so maybe the same here. I have no experience with mk2 Blandits, but do they have anything that is on permenently like a clock? If so the red may be a direct positive from the battery and you'll get 12v to earth even without having to turn the ignition on. Hopefully someone who has worked on mk2 Blandits will be along soon :)

Thanks that makes sense.