Stray Kat

6 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

didn't they do a limited run of the 1000's ? a lot less than the rest !!!  

Correct Tony, they were a homologation run to qualify under international superbike racing rules which at the time was restricted to 1000cc.

Edited by eddiegsx
  • Like 1
56 minutes ago, eddiegsx said:

Looks cool, are they the correct carbs for the 1000cc model? They came out of the factory sporting vm32's, round slide carbs if my memory is serving me correctly, nevertheless still a great find:tu.

Yes the standard carbs should be the slide carbs but try and get some. It would be easier to get a unicorn horn xD

• Like 2
5 hours ago, eddiegsx said:

Looks cool, are they the correct carbs for the 1000cc model? They came out of the factory sporting vm32's, round slide carbs if my memory is serving me correctly, nevertheless still a great find:tu.

suzuki couldnt get the vm32's through the strict north american emissions test so american spec 1000's had cv's the same as the 1100's.

3 minutes ago, johnr said:

suzuki couldnt get the vm32's through the strict north american emissions test so american spec 1000's had cv's the same as the 1100's.

19 minutes ago, Fazz711 said:

Some markets had CV carbs. 

Think the yanks had CV maybe others to. 

It would appear you're both correct gentlemen, I was looking at images of USA spec Kat's and they all had CV carbs, well I never knew that! As the saying goes, everyday a schoolday. Thanks for clearing that one up:tu

many north american spec bikes also had 85mph speedos! the thought behind it was that if you couldnt see the ridiculous high speed you were doing, then it would take the fun out of doing it, so every vehicle sold to the market was mandated to have a speedo that was 55mph + 30 with the 55 highlighted.

5 minutes ago, johnr said:

many north american spec bikes also had 85mph speedos! the thought behind it was that if you couldnt see the ridiculous high speed you were doing, then it would take the fun out of doing it, so every vehicle sold to the market was mandated to have a speedo that was 55mph + 30 with the 55 highlighted.

I had one of them Speedo's on one of my ET's brings a whole new meaning to the phrase, 'I had it off the clock'!

• Like 1

Yep nice find.  Believe there were a few differences to the 1100, peakier cam?

Have a set of vm32’s I’m planning on fitting sometime but needles are currently seized.  Slides have movement but not the needles. Left them stored empty of fuel but the residue has destroyed them!  Currently soaking needles with wd40... gutted!