shiney stuff

I acquired these form a decent northern chap on here, for some English  pound notes and a pair of Pasties.:D I don't think he had ever tried something so exotic..:tu

Anyway, the plan is to replace the L/M forks and R1 callipers on my Shiney bandit, with these loverly things.:)

DSC_0124_zpsapain4ls.jpg

DSC_01221_zpsb07vma13.jpg

its going to take some jiggery pokery as the spindle size, disc offset and spacing is all wrong for a b12/slingy front wheel I want to use to retain the speedo drive..

so some measuring

DSCF0900_zpssjsnwvbm.jpg

DSCF0901_zps4yctgmpq.jpg

a threaded collar is made to fit the bandit spindle, and spindle machined to fit..

DSCF0903_zpso7x19jmh.jpg

DSCF0905_zpswewwbler.jpg.

Oh yes they are too short as well. the shortness is sorted with a double top yoke I have had fitted for ages, and the bottom yoke I have is a 55mm Hayabusa one anyway, some old discs are sacrificed for spacers, I need 5mm with b12 discs, but realised if In use slingy discs I only need 2.5 mm more offset..

DSCF0908_zps3efidsug.jpg.

DSCF0910_zpscepmjlhl.jpg

DSCF0912_zpsuln79bik.jpg

some machining to the sppedo drive and spacers gets the wheel in the middle and the discs spacers sort the alignment out, new pads and cobble it all together and we are somewhere handy..

DSCF0913_zpsb8pwzpbf.jpg

DSCF0914_zpsoppiiu9e.jpg

DSCF0915_zpsuox1cqq9.jpg

DSCF0917_zpsdfmllrej.jpg

some brackets need making for the mudguard then its time to try and see if it all fits on the bike.. I hope so:$

or it could all be for sale again toot sweet.

• Like 5

done that trick a few times....after realising that 10 penny washers is a bodge as opposed to a fix....that I didn't have the material to make some adaptors....but I did have lots of old discs.....no lathe, so bolted them to a paint tin lid and attached to a drill....hit it with the grinder and flappy pad.

• Like 2

Looks good. I might use that disc spacer idea. 

I am putting a front end together. Zx10r forks in L/M 750 tripples, zx6r wheel and speedo drive. I was going to use a slingy spindle but the large end is 27mm OD but the hollow flares out inside it to 20mm id,  so machining the OD down to 25mm and only leaving 2.5mm wall thickness just didn't sit well. So as it turned out the spindle for the zx6r is 20mm with 25mm ends so fitted the forks perfect. Just a smidgen long still so made a couple of alloy cups to tidy up the axle ends and space them out. Discs need spacing 2.5 mm same as yours. 

Edited by slingy1157
bloody fingers
  • 1 month later...

Right after many days with no chance to do any stuff in the garage, mudguard fitted and new 30' angled brake hose ends fitted all bled up its just about done, :)

I'm 99% sure there is JUST enough clearance between mudguard and oil cooler, new stiffer linear spring for my weight on the way to sort the sag out, just need some shinny bolts and fasteners and time for a test flight..

If there isnt enough clearance then a new top yoke will need to be madeB|

DSCF0937_zpsenzemxt0.jpg

DSCF0935_zpstnmj6asw.jpg

DSCF0936_zpsvad8nsxk.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...