Oil Cooled Engine in GSX Frame

hussey1

Has anyone done this swap putting the Gsxr1100/banidt1200 engine in the GSX750es frame?

I've found this thread where it says the tank needs to be modified as once the engine is in the tank sits too high on it :(

http://www.oldskoolperformance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1833 

You won't need to brace your frame if you not gonna use your bike like a lunatic.

Like a teaser of a similar bike? 7.5 Yoshi engine though...Rolli__35_(Klein).thumb.jpg.346d700a083a

That's a nice bike seen that online before, is there a build thread/details anywhere do you know?

Iirc there was an article in a German bike mag back in the day 'bout that bike which was good enough to win trophies a few years back. That engine was a find under the counter at a former Suzuki dealer who used to support a race team. Not sure if I can find that article - must trawl through the basement.

Copy of the drawing would be great, will measure them tomorrow, or sometime next week.

Oh and I've had to remove one frame mount, the one by the side stand, I don't have a replacement for that (yet) 

Thank you. 

Yes I did think when I was looking at that mount yesterday for @Cobby that it would probably need to be removed. I guess it just needs a new piece welding on slightly further out as its on the inside of the frame currently.