Kat tacho needle snapped

nw66

Sorry but the needles are no longer available of KOC, the german company stopped making them. 

The rest of the Needle will be in the bottom casing, but due to time the are normally very brittle and curved.

And the replacement Bezel and glass are no longer available so you will have to prize open the clocks carefully and slowly.

There are several alternatives as in clocks to raid needles off but getting them at the right price is hard, or you can use certain plastic  cocktail sticks but you will need to paint them the desired colour.

Here's the guide if you need help  http://www.suzuki-katana.com/pdf/katana-instrument-repair.pdf

Edited by kiwi
found it

look on Eblag for a firm called 'mitzibits' they break mitsubishi shogun 4x4's. the shogun clocks needles are identical to the katanas, and cos theyre inside the car and protected from uv light, they retain their colour and are still bright orange, same fitting, same length etc. ive bought sets from him before now for a fiver a pair but he has got wise to demand and upped his prices, but you should still score a set for a tenner or so. alternatively the old hodna lardwing clocks have identical needles to the kat except they are white not orange, i did pete camis clocks with wing needles, good match for stock. but you need to be uber uber careful removing the old needles, theyre mounted on a super delicate spindle that can and frequently does snap off if disturbed. pm me through the club and i will go through how to change them, ive done a couple of sets.

• Like 1