Loooooooong Term Project............and it hurts

Hollomanje

Hello All, I'm losing my mind started this project about 7 yrs. ago but due to life situations (health issues, job issues and the like). I was detered and slowed to a crawl. Initailally it started out as just upgradeng the 30  yr old electrical system and then it happened. I was introduced to the wounderful world of M and F (Modding and Fabbing). Now the list has morphed into an entire renovation of the Electrical systems, Brake systems, Front suspension, Frame stiffening, and lastly Engine Modifing.

Lets go point by point of all I wish to do.

sorry took so long but life happens, kidney failure. Having a hard time uploading my list of work so far. 

Electrical Upgrades:

Dynatec Dyna 2000-3

Ricks Motorsports Reg / Rec

Motorgadget M. Unit Blue control unit

Motorgadget M. Blaze Pin rear turn signal

Motorgadget M. Disc handlebar turn signal

Motorgadget M. Button

Motorgadget M. Lock wireless key

Revival Cycles Starter Solenoid

Revival Cycles Billet Push Button switches for starter, horn, and one left 

Twisted Throttle Denali D2 secondary lights

Twisted Throttle Sound Bomb horn

and 

Gorilla Alarm System 8007 (unless anyone has a better suggestion)

Edited by Hollomanje
compleating entry
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok we have First Set of pictures. There where only a few minor changes. If you look their are some notations on the stiffening of the Frame. The diemension of the brace material was altered to 3" x 1" x .120" rectangular stock , I felt the added size would not only strengthen frame but give me a large enough platform to mount a few of the necessary electrics. like maybe new Reg/rec from Rick's Motorsports Electrics and a Revival Cycle starter solenoid

LIFEPO4 OPTIMIZED MOSFET PERMANENT MAGNET REGULATOR/RECTIFIER

RICK'S MOTORSPORTS ELECTRICS

UNIVERSAL STARTER SOLENOID WITH MAIN FUSE

REVIVAL SIGNATURE PARTS & KITS

Screenshot_20190825-154929_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20190825-160129_Docs.jpg

20191007_144849.jpg

20191007_144917.jpg

20191008_152721.jpg

20191008_152838.jpg

20191008_152900.jpg

20191008_152916.jpg

Edited by Hollomanje
Grammatical Error
  • 2 weeks later...

Week Oct. 20, 2019 

Update: So far so good was able to create bracing for rear of support. Have a little difficulty with forming a good template for curve around the top portiin of the engine cage.  Tried forming a template which worked and now forming the matching opposite side. But had to lose the original material due to not measuring it correctly. 

Will post picture progression tomorrow 

On 10/11/2019 at 1:23 PM, Hollomanje said:

As you cann see the prolem that I am having now is placing the middle bracing does not fit easily into the propose pposition ....... as ideas as to the best way to set it 

should I trim down one corner / side and lever it into place...... anyoyher ideas

Query - Have you checked chain run with that box section - original was tube with gap under! Looks like it conflicts to me?

• Like 1
On 10/23/2019 at 9:05 PM, Poldark said:

Man!!!  Just how hard does one thrash his bike to need that much extra bracing?

Nah not thrashed yet planning on beefing up the engine and not going to redo all the build out because the frame flex while I twist. So before the "new" bigger engine the power coating lets just stiffen things up a little bit.  Besides its FUN.

On 10/24/2019 at 3:40 AM, Gixer1460 said:

Query - Have you checked chain run with that box section - original was tube with gap under! Looks like it conflicts to me?

Thats something that I didn't see will double check before its wielded in,  Thanks for the observation if anyone notices anything please bring it to  my attention. 

was looking at the clearance looks like it clears but to be safe will raise an inch to be sure.

Edited by Hollomanje
updating
  • 1 month later...

Update:  After struggling to get the lil bits cut and finaly got out to Pennsylvania get the final steps professionally assisted. My friend Kenny Rex owner of Rex Construction and Equipment was nice enough to be the professional one everything went in squared and fabricated the electric box to add to the clean look. Next thing is the minor cleaning of the little nips from wielding and removal of all unnecessary hangers, before getting power coated. 

20191217_052122.jpg

20191217_052106.jpg

20191217_052100.jpg

20191217_052048.jpg

20191217_052053.jpg

20191217_052106.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...