Carbs, flatslides or CR's???

Reelinfeele

Hey all, simple question. If I order mikuni flatslides or keihin CR's, what size jets should I start with? Do I start with size I have in the current stock cv's? Which is filled with a dyno jet kit currently. Or can I order them jetted to match my application.? Stock 1100 with a motowerks gp exhaust. Thinking 34 flats or 33 CRs. 

Depends where you order from! If from Allens then if you ask, they'll usually supply a best guess but I think most places will just give you what they come with from the factory!

Not wishing to sway your judgement but ask your tuner which jets he stocks as Keihins / FCR's are a lot less common so less are played with so less liable to keep stocks!

Why do everyone not mention 33 Mikuni blacktops?  They say there harder to tune but where the carb to use in there day. (keihins where rare then)

33 Blacktops? - RS33's? Sure your not referring to the 750's 29mm bored out?

Assuming the current CV's are 36mm - i'd keep to same dia with the slide carbs. You won't overcarb the engine, still retain good gas speed and so good torque with a little bonus up at the top end. Jetting wise start around 130MJ which should be safe but fat!

33mm Mikuni smoothbores, original roundslide, perfect for gsx1100, fiddly to set up, but wonderful throttle response and also inlet port size of gsx is also 33mm giving a clean uncluttered pathway for the fuel mixture

Oh THOSE blacktops:D.........Agreed - bit oldskool now and probably difficult to find S/H. Had a set a while ago, px'd them for £50 worth of goods from a trader.

The racebikes run Keihin CRs because the rules specifically ban flatslides (and i think accelerator pumps).

I know one guy with CRs on a road bike, the rest of us use RS Mikunis - with the pump set up right you can snap the RS flatslides open anywhere over 4,000rpm and the get up and go. The CRs without the pump have to be opened smoothly or they bog.

Unless you're talking FCRs, Keihins aren't the way to go.

Edited by Gammaboy