Head and Base Gasket Help!

i just searched 2 of my usual suppliers for just the base gasket, both stock OEM:

Slight price difference but at around 15 euro for an OEM gasket.. i would NOT bet on a replacement gasket. 

CMSNL

or

KFM motorrader

Both ship worldwide and postage is around 18 euro 

Hope that helps

Edited by Blubber
Corrected head gasket to Base gasket

I have used Athena gaskets few times without any issues. Even head gasket with turbo if I recall correctly.

But yes, if you want to be absolutely sure then it's probably safer to use OEM. At least make sure that the base gasket is metal version if it isn't OEM.

47 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

https://www.suzukiperformancespares.co.uk/product/suzuki-gsxr1100-1109cc-cometic-head-gasket/5078/

78mm is std bore for a 1127 motor or 1 or 2mm overbore for a 1052 motor (I Believe?)

I finks that is wrong gasketO.o. The required parts are for an 1100EF motor not a GSXR 1100. If the EFE head is coming off, personally I would check all the valve seats, de-coke and replace all the stem seals too. And check the rings/bores

3 hours ago, Dezza said:

I finks that is wrong gasketO.o. The required parts are for an 1100EF motor not a GSXR 1100. If the EFE head is coming off, personally I would check all the valve seats, de-coke and replace all the stem seals too. And check the rings/bores

Apologies - air and oil cooled nomenclature confuses the hell out of me! Especially when GSX can be air or oil cooled! 

Try this one..... https://www.suzukiperformancespares.co.uk/product/suzuki-gsx1100-1133cc-cometic-head-gasket/3303/

A complete set always makes sense and Vesrah are ok - but most aftermarket valve seals aren't up to OEM standard and tend to harden / split / crack too soon - pays yer money and takes yer choice!

Try asking your local bike shop (if you still have one) to order the required OEM parts and ask how much. I do this in the UK and his prices for Suzuki OEM bits are the same as on the Robinson's Foundry website. I get many of my bits from him and he is sensible and pragmatic when it comes to MOTs and does tyres for me cheap without making even a scratch on my fancy wheel rims. We need the little bike shops but they cannot stay in business unless we buy stuff from them every now and then:)

• Like 1