this bolt.............

69chris

not my pic - just borrowing it to show bolt :)

have been looking at various places to route turbo oil return and seen a few folk using this  but before i do anything 

if i remove this bolt....................

ol3Cs31.png

will anything inside the engine fall off resulting in carnage and much sadness ??

cheers  (y)

On 1/21/2019 at 12:09 AM, 69chris said:

not my pic - just borrowing it to show bolt :)

have been looking at various places to route turbo oil return and seen a few folk using this  but before i do anything 

if i remove this bolt....................

ol3Cs31.png

will anything inside the engine fall off resulting in carnage and much sadness ??

cheers  (y)

Whose rods are they? please don't say mine !!

Std rods are critical after 250hp in a Nitrous motor, and pushing the limit around 300hp in a turbo - that's with a non det. prone tune.

Busa rods may be a little stronger but Carillo's (or any H beam rod) are sooooo much more resilient, it pays to use them rather than find the limits with lesser items.

If it was me - H beam rods anytime over 240-250+ hp! Build a bullet proof bottom end and you can fit ANYTHING to the top end!

13 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Std rods are critical after 250hp in a Nitrous motor, and pushing the limit around 300hp in a turbo - that's with a non det. prone tune.

Busa rods may be a little stronger but Carillo's (or any H beam rod) are sooooo much more resilient, it pays to use them rather than find the limits with lesser items.

If it was me - H beam rods anytime over 240-250+ hp! Build a bullet proof bottom end and you can fit ANYTHING to the top end!

How come there's a difference in power handling between turbo and nitrous?

4 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

That's the plan.I only want to split the cases once.

5 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Nitrous engines are incredibly detonation prone, they build heat extremely quickly and pound the hell out of bearings. Turbos are big softies in comparison!

Aha, thanks! I did know that nitrous engines blow up easy, but I thought that that was because it's harder to get the A/F ratio right.

There is so much to go wrong with NOS. Have look on you tube or something.

You got bottle of gas and extra fuel you squirt in at set quantities contolled by jets and electronics depending on set up and style of system in brief, over and above your normal fuel system. It's instant bang when throttles fully open, depending on jets can be from mild to wild.