1127/1052/1157?

I have a gsx1100f in my kat with 38 mm carbs and I'm very happy with it on the road, but if your tuning one (I'm told of someone how draged one) you can't go above 200bhp because of the crank cog between it and the clutch let's go in a big way.

He was running 1340cc with nos.

Don't know much about the 1157 ... but when I looked for a lump for the Kat I opted for the 1127 from an M/N. My rationale was that the port shapes were already better, they matched  the 38mm Mikuni or 39 Keihin flat slides better. They have no options for cams without spending stupid wonga with Yoshimura, but the followers don't like it anyhow. However they respond very well to cubes - so as a base for a 1216 they do well. They do not need valve work, as the valves are large enough to flow enough for good power and torque. They can be retro fitted with a spring clutch from the earlier models, as the diaphragm clutch is week - comparatively - but still good for 150 hp. The 1052 is probably equally good, but needs more headwork (relatively) to run flat slides and does not flow quite s well as the later models. 

Got me a 1157 lump but .... don’t fit in an 88 750 frame or i Just havent seen the light yet

got me an 1127 90 and 92 1127

Some say the valvethingy is better on the 90...but valves aint my mission yet

And i finally realized one thing....

if its money? But you want to go fast?

use a 1127F lump and nos the shite out of iT! 

So now i changed plans and bought me an extra 1127F for later plans ....

in a millions years offcourse but Hey we Will get there sometime

Edited by Oliekoel
Don’t know Why font changed sorry

i guess it comes down to what you're using it for and what you're wanting to achieve.....

if it's a run whatcha' brung drag bike, play around with your sprockets and your 'gusto' off the line

if you have a particular 'class' in mind for competing....well....that'd help with answering what to start with and just how poor you will become....

(btw powder coating and skulls won't make your bike any quicker)

• Like 4
5 hours ago, CockneyRick said:

Looks like the lump i have will do fine :) 

Yes the 1127 power screen are a good motor, the one in the kat has never let me down and has plenty of go in it and you can tweak them.

Don't go for the 1052 motors, I blew up 3 of them 2 standard one and one big bore each time put the con rod through the crank cases :( xD

Must say that i had problems with clutchdrag with this engine always a problem to get it in neutral when standing still, i did the suzuki factory mod wich made it a bit better. But if i could choose i would never use an F engine again cause of the clutchdrag problems.  After the f engine i used two R engines in my bikes wich never had that problem.

The helical gear also takes away about 15% of your power (hear say)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, 1100fred said:

I’ve got a gsx1100f engine That’s got a dragging clutch can you tell me what the Suzuki mod for it is  thanks 

The problem is that there’s to much oil in the clutchbasket wich causes drag.

If you take away some meat at the back of the basket the oil gets out easier.

It’s a perscribed suzuki factory mod for dealers wich i found at the web a few years a go cant find it now but will try.

• Like 1