Cadwell 2018 16/17 June trackday party?

Guest YoshiJohnny

well that was a great weekend, 

started off with me getting down to Cadwell mid afternoon, met up with YJ and rene and sorted a place to pitch my tent and park the car when Avril got there

with all the essentials and tools.

first item on the agenda was getting my rear wheel down to the tyre guy to get my new rear boot fitted, but first had to beg for tools from YJ so i could get the wheel off!!!

with new rubber fitted and tent up it was just a case of waiting for Avril to arrive and start of noise testing!  I had a feeling that if anything was going to stop me getting on track Saturday it was going to be getting the Racefit through noise testing, well i was proved correct, finished the first attempt with a reading of 111Db (with Noise reduction insert fitted FFS)  after borrowing a hammer from YJ I set to work on re shaping the NRI.

second attempt was met with a 107Db result, and much head shaking from the lead tester.

well it was then time to get serious as time was running out and noise testing was going to end for the night in 15 mins.

went back to YJ for much needed help (and tools :) ) sorted out getting an energy drink can cut to size, held to the NRI with a jubilee clip and some screwdriver holes punched in the end.

back down to the still smiling testers for a third shot at passing, with a little bit of help from the testers ( slightly less revs than were actually stated) bike got through with a 105Db reading  :banana:

Sat morning started off with me on track with the GS for the very first time, also my first time on track for nearly 3 years, so knew i was going to need a few sessions (at very least) to get the feel of the bike and get my head back up to track speed. I had wanted to start from the rear of the group, but somehow managed to get down to assembly area when it was almost empty O.o so i was going to be out at the front!

to say i was slow was an under statement, got passed by what seemed like every one else on track, tyres at the end of the session looked like new, dont think they even got up to temp.

second session went much better, tyres started to show some wear, so they were at least getting some temp into the compound.

third session after lunch and things were settling down nicely, had some confidence back, happy to start pushing things, was only getting passed now and again.

at the end of the day i was actually overtaking other riders and having a blast.

bike was running  perfectly, pulling like a train and handling great.

sorry i missed meeting some of the visitors, but i would like to say big thanks to YJ and Rene for help and support over the weekend.

i am completely worn out and sore (getting too old for this shite!!) but still buzzing :) 

• Like 2
Guest YoshiJohnny

Just finished unpacking lol...

Cracking weekend, loads of familiar faces, Rene, 370Steve, Viz and Minx, Steve Lawn, Grumpy Gary, Sam Baker, Nolan and Chris... met some new folks and learned some more.

I mainly learned the older I get the faster I was lol.....

Rene and Steve were in the same group Saturday and I had been shoved in with the fast boys.... even the slow fast guys were flippin' fast so I was looking forward to calming it down a bit on Sunday and be in the same group as Rene.. damn that boy is quick... tried sticking with him and as soon as someone got between us, he'd cleared off by the time I got around them...

Get racing...

Time to hang up my leathers for a while... but pictures and stories I have forever... 

651_2018_CBT_CADWELL_EXPERT_GROUP.jpg

652_2018_CBT_CADWELL_EXPERT_GROUP.jpg

654_2018_CBT_CADWELL_EXPERT_GROUP.jpg

655_2018_CBT_CADWELL_EXPERT_GROUP.jpg

656_2018_CBT_CADWELL_EXPERT_GROUP.jpg

724_2018_CBT_CADWELL_EXPERT_GROUP.jpg

723_2018_CBT_CADWELL_EXPERT_GROUP.jpg

657_2018_CBT_CADWELL_EXPERT_GROUP.jpg

653_2018_CBT_CADWELL_EXPERT_GROUP.jpg

Edited by YoshiJohnny

I love Cadwell as a track with all the dips and fast bends....This year I popped over on Sunday just for a mosey about.I got there a little later than I had wanted mind you.I noticed the lady organising the parade laps so I thought it would be rude not to,so I stuck a tenner in the charity pot and went to get me bike.

It wasn't quite the same as a proper track day  and a I did get a little telling off for a fast squirt on the back straight to the goose neck ;)

Saw some sweet looking bikes,...I especially likes the Red GS1127R...I'd give my left nut for that.

Couldn't hang around long though as I told a mate I would see him at East Kirkby down the road before I had to get home....I enjoyed the ride out on the old EFE but my fingers began to turn white with the vibes by the end of the day lol....(been told it's the new tyres)

I think next year I will do both Donny and Cadwell....

15 hours ago, Sheep said:

I love Cadwell as a track with all the dips and fast bends....This year I popped over on Sunday just for a mosey about.I got there a little later than I had wanted mind you.I noticed the lady organising the parade laps so I thought it would be rude not to,so I stuck a tenner in the charity pot and went to get me bike.

It wasn't quite the same as a proper track day  and a I did get a little telling off for a fast squirt on the back straight to the goose neck ;)

Saw some sweet looking bikes,...I especially likes the Red GS1127R...I'd give my left nut for that.

Couldn't hang around long though as I told a mate I would see him at East Kirkby down the road before I had to get home....I enjoyed the ride out on the old EFE but my fingers began to turn white with the vibes by the end of the day lol....(been told it's the new tyres)

I think next year I will do both Donny and Cadwell....

Yep, I saw that bike at Donington and it's really well put together. The forks on it are espeially good, as the owner told me they are based on those from an adventure bike (Suzuki) to get the length. I was expecting it to win best modified bike.