Carb Rubbers

Solcambs

I went to fit my FCR39 carbs as a test fit prior to taking out the engine for a 1216 kit fitting and it looks like the GSXR110M (91) motor I have has the 36mm rubbers fitted. I need the 40mm rubbers. Some research has only confused me further.

Parts fiche suggests that the proper part is 13101-41C00, 13102-41C00, 13103-41C00, and 13104-41C00 for the 40mm variant carbs. However Suzuki performance spares shows that the part is 13101-40C00, 13102-40C00, 13103-40C00, and 13104-40C00 at http://www.suzukiperformancespares.co.uk/product/suzuki-gsxr1100-m-n-91-2-inlet-rubbers,-set-4/3530/  and parts fiche show both numbers as being the right ones!

However this fly's in the face of the fact that the ones on there are 13110-40C0 (36mm variant) - which further research suggest are discontinued and became the 13101-40C00 apparently - the very same number that Suzuki performance spares suggest are the 40mm ones.  So friggin' confusing!

I kind of figure I need the 13101-41C00 variant - but just thought I'd check! If you have an oil-cooled 1100 running 40mm mikuni's - can you let me know the part number on one of the inlets please or offer up a part number you know works with FCR39s.

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Blandit rubbers will be stretched if used with 38mm carbs as they are designed to work with 36mm carbs! The ones you list are for 40mm carbs so will be an easy fit. Whether sourcing / using 750 38mm rubbers will be worth the expense / hassle is for you to decide!

Thanks.  Would that be the 90-91 750?

20 hours ago, rdubandit said:

Thanks.  Would that be the 90-91 750?

I have recently sourced some 750 L rubbers so I could fit RS 38s. They are an easy fit and you can also use the OEM carb clips from a 1200 Blandit. I can try and get the numbers if you so wish. I got the rubbers from posting a wanted ad on this site:) I think the 1st 750 slingshots 88,89 J,K had 36mm carbs and then they went to 38 in 1990,91 for the L and M models but I may be wrong here. 93 was W. The W still has 38mm carbs but the rubbers may be different.

2 hours ago, Dezza said:

I have recently sourced some 750 L rubbers so I could fit RS 38s. They are an easy fit and you can also use the OEM carb clips from a 1200 Blandit. I can try and get the numbers if you so wish. I got the rubbers from posting a wanted ad on this site:) I think the 1st 750 slingshots 88,89 J,K had 36mm carbs and then they went to 38 in 1990,91 for the L and M models but I may be wrong here. 93 was W. The W still has 38mm carbs but the rubbers may be different.

Thanks Dezza!  Part numbers would be nice.  Worst case scenario, I'll order a set from csnl.com.

13 hours ago, rdubandit said:

Thanks Dezza!  Part numbers would be nice.  Worst case scenario, I'll order a set from csnl.com.

I cannot read off of the rubbers the numbers - I do not have much space in that area of my bike but I will try again later when I will be working in that area. Here are some earlier pics from forum member blue, who kindly sold me the rubbers very cheaply. Maybe he has more information. The rubbers each have different part numbers and these reflect the sequence they are put on the bike according to cylinder number e.g. suffix 10,20,30,40 after tha main part number or something like that.

carbs.jpg

carbs1.jpg

46 minutes ago, manden said:

How does it drive with the 41's?

Got them fitted to a stock 1127 with a set of Kent cams.  It runs Beautifully.   No bogging, or any of that nonsense, it just pulls.  it's a track bike so it lives at high revs,  big throttle openings, and I only have a 1/8 turn throttle, but it seems perfectly happy riding round the paddock too.

Edited by dupersunc
  • Like 2