2018 Donnington Classic Endurance

Mole28

Guest YoshiJohnny

Our entry too is in... and been accepted

Rob Bean, FatblokeonBandit (Garry) and myself along with varying degrees of "help" in and out of the pits 

We are trying to cover all bases as far as bikes but I am building a GS1000 based Superbike which will hopefully be the go to bike..

Failing that we have back ups.... slabbies and stuff...

The lack of build progress has been down to other projects for other people ...

Frame is away and engine bits are en route to Mr Upperton

watch these spaces

13 minutes ago, YoshiJohnny said:

Our entry too is in... and been accepted

Rob Bean, FatblokeonBandit (Garry) and myself along with varying degrees of "help" in and out of the pits 

We are trying to cover all bases as far as bikes but I am building a GS1000 based Superbike which will hopefully be the go to bike..

Failing that we have back ups.... slabbies and stuff...

The lack of build progress has been down to other projects for other people ...

Frame is away and engine bits are en route to Mr Upperton

watch these spaces

Cool our resident Legend has an entry, my offer of pit help stands YJ if you need it.

Guest YoshiJohnny
On 30/12/2017 at 2:50 PM, MeanBean49 said:

I wont fail, but im not building the Suzuki option. Lol

I may fail....

or die trying not to....

or

just put it together quick and be done

• 2 weeks later...
Guest YoshiJohnny
On 01/01/2018 at 12:45 AM, MeanBean49 said:

Whats taking so long. You started it last year. Haha

some bits came

frame is nearly ready

clutch is away to Nick at Suzuki Performance Parts

Head is gonna go to Mr Upperton for some big mods

slowly beginning to happen

YJ

5 minutes ago, MeanBean49 said:

Have you checked with the organisers thats ok? Rules say that crankcases have to be correct for the origional bike. Rob Scott was keen to keep the bikes as they actually existed and were raced in the day. 

Rules seem to be more relaxed this year from what I can make out, particularly the Superbike class.   Has to be a 703 1052 block thought, not the later 1127 blocks.

36 minutes ago, dupersunc said:

Rules seem to be more relaxed this year from what I can make out, particularly the Superbike class.   Has to be a 703 1052 block thought, not the later 1127 blocks.

Rob is looking at some clarification on this. The rules do say the crankcases have to be correct for the bike model. Ie match the frame. The question is did Harris make make an F1 frame for an oil cooled motor in 86. And if they were ever raced in 86. Yes the frame and motor existed at the same time, but afaik they were never raced in that configuration. Going down the same road as the farce that is the classic TT

8 minutes ago, MeanBean49 said:

Rob is looking at some clarification on this. The rules do say the crankcases have to be correct for the bike model. Ie match the frame. The question is did Harris make make an F1 frame for an oil cooled motor in 86. And if they were ever raced in 86. Yes the frame and motor existed at the same time, but afaik they were never raced in that configuration. Going down the same road as the farce that is the classic TT

Having re read the rules I see what you mean.

They're allowing radial mastercylinder 17" wheels and stuff, so they're well on the road to Classic TT rules.

I do know of a Harris F1 with an early TT F1 oil cooled motor from 85-86, it's a 750 though.

5 minutes ago, dupersunc said:

Having re read the rules I see what you mean.

They're allowing radial mastercylinder 17" wheels and stuff, so they're well on the road to Classic TT rules.

I do know of a Harris F1 with an early TT F1 oil cooled motor from 85-86, it's a 750 though.

This is the thing. They know 750's existed and were raced, and technically someone could have built and 1100 version, but was there actually a class you could have raced one in, and did anyone actually race one.