EFE running gear upgrade?

Right, so I'm lucky enough to be in the club. 

The new project is fitted with original wheels and knackered forks. First job is some modern wheels and suspension... Now I'm thinking complete B12 front end, cheap and easy enough. Would I be better with heavier oil or springs, though? 

The question is, what's the best way to sort the arse end out? Just a wheel swap, and upgrade the shock? Recommendations for a decent shocker for the whale? 

TIA peeps. :tu

I'm using Gsxr1100 'arm and K5 shock (a little on the soft side)...the previous owner fitted a Kwak 5.5 wheel,..but I guess it depends on whether you want to mod the frame to any extent...

Up front a set of K1 forks went straight in,again maybe a tad soft but much better brakes I find.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

In my mind Bandit forks will be on a soft side for sporty riding. Same thing with all modern usd forks. Best budget swap would be older gsxr stuff rwu or usd. About the rear end... do you want to weld? If no then just swap shock and wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

Winning, cheers folks. I've stripped out what's left of the loom, getting a good look at what's to do. I'm in two minds what to do with the rear end, I've a rear wheel to go in with the spacers (ZXR, I think) that came out of Ziggys EF, so I'll go that route for now. @Rene EFE, the slabby shock fits ok? I've a nice refurbed one in the stash if so. @vizman, yes please. I'll sort something out re. collecting or whatever. @KATANAMANGLER, front wheel would be a big help, again, I'll sort something out.

I think I'm going to have to start a project thread... :D

• Like 2