750 v 1100 ET frame differences?

15 minutes ago, baldrick said:

Hello,

Can someone help me?

I have a couple of 750 ET frames, and i was wondering if there is any difference between the 750 and 1100 ET frames.

Im looking to plonk a 1100ET motor into my 750 frame, once i get it blasted and painted..

Not to sure on the differences and also think it's the bottom engine mount I have a 750 frame with 1100 motor in it fits fine but without bottom mount bolted up, although would prefer it to be but doesn't appear to be an issue.

I bought it like this and haven't investigated further yet.

Edited by Simbec1863
  • Like 1

Have katana 11 in air cooled 750 frame and as said above just bottom mount .also just stuck gsxr 11 motor in 750 et and all good ,basically same frame as regards head ,swinging arm and engine .

750 has pissy little swinging arm spindle though

• Like 2

cheers for the replies,

ive not been on heremuch of late, but now that you mention it, i t rings a distant  bell about the bottom mounts .

i  didnt know about the pissy swingarm mount tho. Whats the best remedy for that then? sleeve the swinger or line bore the frame?

sorry wraith but i need this frame for my 1100 engine.and wanted to keep and convert the other one for katana bodykit ive got. if i hear of anything i will let you know tho.

Edited by baldrick
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, baldrick said:

14mm sounds a bit puny, especially if it has more power going through it than a 750.

Hmm, has anyone bored one out?

Used bandit arm and top hats with  mine and seams to handle the power fine.

Don't take it as gospel but think the sabby arm is 14 mm too

Edited by gsx
  • Like 1

cheers.

Looks like it will be top hats then.

The frame is getting blasted next week, and im giving it a coat of etch primer, hi build, then 2 pack black/l clear coat.

I have a bandit arm which i would like to put into this, but better finish some other stuff first, like my harris.

Thanks for the heads up, gues i will have to make another bottom mount too.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:42 PM, baldrick said:

cheers.

Looks like it will be top hats then.

The frame is getting blasted next week, and im giving it a coat of etch primer, hi build, then 2 pack black/l clear coat.

I have a bandit arm which i would like to put into this, but better finish some other stuff first, like my harris.

Thanks for the heads up, gues i will have to make another bottom mount too.

Have a look at my build thread ... essentially a 750 frame with an 1100 air-cooled in it. All mounts were standard except the bottom mount which was offset to the rear and required an L-Shaped mount making up. image_1.jpeg

• Like 1
On 25 April 2017 at 4:20 PM, Solcambs said:

Have a look at my build thread ... essentially a 750 frame with an 1100 air-cooled in it. All mounts were standard except the bottom mount which was offset to the rear and required an L-Shaped mount making up. image_1.jpeg

Anyone able to make some of these mounts up - for dollar ? 

On 12/04/2017 at 5:22 AM, gsx said:

Used bandit arm and top hats with  mine and seams to handle the power fine.

Don't take it as gospel but think the sabby arm is 14 mm too

Slabby arm isn't 14mm,can't remember what size it is though.