GSXR1216L 1990

• 10 months later...

The gas flowed head shit its self on the journals for some reason, nothing wrong with oil pressure or the oil ways that all checked out. I got a very low miles bandit 1200 head and matched the inlet rubbers to the ports, gave the valves a re-seat and cleaned up the ports while I was there. Whacked it on with a new cometic gasket and bobs ya uncle fannies ya aunt job done.

Think I will get it setup on a dyno just to be sure the fueling is ok but it sure does feel good out on the road, the plugs are a nice not dark or light brown colour , no flat spots or fuzziness either

Edited by alfiestorm
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Just a bit of an update the head is going off to the people that make magic happen with the gases. Although the bandit twelve head is working very well indeed I feel the need to have it done proper. I have some ape heavy duty valve springs to send off with it so I can fit and dial in a nice set of performance cams when I get it back.

My wallet tried doing a runner when I decided to get the head done proper but I soon nailed that fucker down. Better volunteer for overtime at work now.

Who or where would the best place be to use to do a proper gas flow , that can be trusted to do a good job. I have not been keeping tabs on who is the best to use for some time.  Any Ideas please.

Alf

• 1 month later...