Which tanks fit a GS frame

alexl

13 hours ago, gsx said:

Think most of them will fit but the bigger cc bike tanks are longer ,this being oss though anythings doable 

The bigger cc bike tanks look better, it is probably because they are longer.  the later model GS750 tanks are quite strange, they seem to have a very extended part at the front, apart from that i quite like the look of them.

gs750.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like a USA gsx750/1100 et tank in the pic, it all depends on what look you want and how much work? 

Without to much work gs550e or custom, gsx550 gs550 katana gs650 katana.

I have before put a gsx400 tank on a 550 made the bike look bigger. I've have put a gpz900 tank on a 550.

It all depends on what if any panels you want to put on.

wanted something from the twin shock era, but the GS550 tank seems very short, probably go with an early GS750 tank or a GS1000, if i can find one. Not putting any panels on the side, but really like the Z1000 mk 2 tail piece which is angular and needs a more angular tank to suit it. The GSX tanks are a bit too big/tall really as I was thinking clip ons. sort of like the racefit bikes.

It is the tunnel width I am most concerned about, I dont have a seat, so will probably make one fit whatever tank I go for. I was hoping thet the width of the GS750/1000 tanks are somewhere near the width of the GS550 tank, so It fits the frame without too much fuss.

s-l1600 (5).jpg

• 6 years later...
On 1/9/2017 at 4:56 PM, alexl said:

It is the tunnel width I am most concerned about, I dont have a seat, so will probably make one fit whatever tank I go for. I was hoping thet the width of the GS750/1000 tanks are somewhere near the width of the GS550 tank, so It fits the frame without too much fuss.

s-l1600 (5).jpg

black one is off an early gs750 grey one is a gs550.. tunnel width is much the same.. gs750 tank is about 2 inches longer 

20230713_190037.jpg