Spondon Turbo winter refresh and makeover

MeanBean49

16 minutes ago, stockcar said:

Have you got to the bottom of your motor issue??

Not had chance to take it completely to bits yet. I know the shells on 2+3 con rods exist only as glitter now. I suspect a crank shell has spun and gone tight, overheated the crank and the heat generated has killed rods too. Amazing it was still running really

Bit of a write up on my weekend.

As you all saw my run up to Pendine was just a little bit difficult, the net result being I had to re-build an engine using my old bottom end and new top end in 4 evenings before heading to Pendine. After some long hours I did manage to get it all together and running, also managed a quick blat up and down the road to check it moved, I also managed to get the fairing to fit and painted.

Got to Pendine friday and settled in. Saturday weather was cracking, got on the beach, plan was to run 1km for half the day then go to 1 mile later.

1st run was to be a steady run to check all was well with the bike. Did the run came back, manged a steady 142 which was 8mph quicker than my previous km reccord. Bike was good and all seemed like it would be a good weekend. 

And that was as good as it got. The weather it seems  was too good, the sand dried out too quick and I went progressively slower. Tried alsorts of different things, more boost, less boost, higher/lower gears nothing worked it just varied the size of the rooster tails. We didnt get to run on the mile due to a prick in a buggy churning the track up after his run.

Sunday was much of the same, I was 1st to run on the mile, bit of a steady sighting run at 162mph 2mph short of last year, then was a re-run of saturday, even when extended to 1.5 mile i could only manage 162mph way short of my previous 178. 

It seemed everyone was having the same issues, none of the faster records being troubled. 

On a brighter note, the bike proved to be reliable again, just needs a bit of setup to get perfect, the weather was cracking and the weekend really good fun. And I did break one record. I look forward to trying again either later this year or next year.

Next up is getting some road and track miles in, and possibly some top speed runs at Elvington to see what a difference the fairing makes :-)

• Like 6
29 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Bit of a bugger it going pop at donnington, I did wonder, after seeing you in the holding area, why you didn't come hurtling past as per usual. Good work getting it all back together for the sandy stuff.(y)

see you at cadwell perhapsB|

Cheers Slim

Hopefully mate. Im booked on for the sunday. Probably pop up on saturday for a watch