Endurance Legends, 6-7 May 2017, Donington Park

Rene EFE

20 minutes ago, gsxr884 said:

with a £995 entry fee I doubt we will bother , there are much better things to spend a £1000 on , Classic TT no entry fees really I must check that out

I thought about it, split between 3 riders over 4 hours is 1:20 track time each plus qualufying and i would hope saturaday practice is included too. Not actually that bad l, pretty much on par with club racing for track time value. I could live with £330

• Like 2
6 hours ago, MeanBean49 said:

I thought about it, split between 3 riders over 4 hours is 1:20 track time each plus qualufying and i would hope saturaday practice is included too. Not actually that bad l, pretty much on par with club racing for track time value. I could live with £330

What happens if the first rider bins it in the first session, game over  and the two other riders are out of pocket by £330 each. motorcycle racing unfortunately is one of  those  occasions where the clowns pay to entertain the crowd . but seriously I have 4 bikes that I could use for this but that entry fee is ott.

057.JPG

• Like 1
On 23/09/2016 at 9:53 AM, MeanBean49 said:

Shit the bed thats expensive

It is expensive you are right but when you consider the full infrastructure to put the event on will cost myself and Darin 90k to put on and we do not get the gate money.

Donington on a weekend is pricy to hire,on top of that we need 3 extra ambulance per day at £500 a unit per day.

2 x Doctors £500 per day

Fire crew and fire £500 per day.

Pace car plus drivers £500 per day.

Acu affiliated club plus staff £15k.

Track hire 40 k ish for the weekend.

Plus extras.Bands,TV, marquees,staff to help etc etc the list is huge.

So as you can see we are serious about what we do and how we see the event,a massive risk for just two mates to put on this event.

For us it is far easier to just do track days but we will always struggle to get premium tracks at weekends  as the circuits want events where they can take the gate money.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
17 hours ago, gsxr884 said:

with a £995 entry fee I doubt we will bother , there are much better things to spend a £1000 on , Classic TT no entry fees really I must check that out

The classic Tt is not free to everyone who races and of course you have the cost to get there.The Manx Government off set the cost for the Classic to bring visitors to the island as it fills small businesses pockets although we were lead to believe they lost a fortune last year.

13 hours ago, cregnybaa said:

What happens if the first rider bins it in the first session, game over  and the two other riders are out of pocket by £330 each. motorcycle racing unfortunately is one of  those  occasions where the clowns pay to entertain the crowd . but seriously I have 4 bikes that I could use for this but that entry fee is ott.

057.JPG

Well if you can dont bin it,it happened to Phase one at Snetterton but its 4hrs,take it easy and get into the groove,there are lots of tactics to endurance racing,that's what makes it such an exciting team event.

For a 3 man team the time on track of 6hrs is not as expensive as you think.4 x10 lap races at Donny with the classic club for example will be about the £250 mark  meaning about 45 minutes  to an hour track time.Shold you race the Wheat croft trophy too you will be in the region of £325 ish.

Edited by Z head
Add info
On 26/09/2016 at 0:19 PM, Bowler said:

If I recall correctly the german Classic SuperBike also rides here! It could be cheaper to just be a guestrider there?

Unfortunately the Csbk will not be with us as they could not get enough riders to fill a competitive grid which is a real shame as we would love them to be there.

• Like 1
On 13/09/2016 at 8:09 PM, dupersunc said:

I'd love to enter this, but I'll not get my licence upgraded to clubman in time.

It seems odd that I can do a 6hr endurance on a modern 200hp bike on my novice licence, but not race a 30 year old Suzuki 750 on it???

OK the Acu rules do not allow clubman novices to do an endurance race,if you are running two bikes (tag race) I believe you can but I am not sure as we have only looked at endurance racing.

I will however check again to see that we have the correct information.

On 13/09/2016 at 11:40 PM, dupersunc said:

Are you at Snet this weekend Rob?

I'll be at Silverstone as I was at the Classic Tt so couldn't make Snetterton. 

If you want to catch up I will be in the paddock wit our unit all weekend for the Classic club final race weekend.Please message me if you need to chat with a phone number and I can call you back :)

2 hours ago, Z head said:

It is expensive you are right but when you consider the full infrastructure to put the event on will cost myself and Darin 90k to put on and we do not get the gate money.

Donington on a weekend is pricy to hire,on top of that we need 3 extra ambulance per day at £500 a unit per day.

2 x Doctors £500 per day

Fire crew and fire £500 per day.

Pace car plus drivers £500 per day.

Acu affiliated club plus staff £15k.

Track hire 40 k ish for the weekend.

Plus extras.Bands,TV, marquees,staff to help etc etc the list is huge.

So as you can see we are serious about what we do and how we see the event,a massive risk for just two mates to put on this event.

For us it is far easier to just do track days but we will always struggle to get premium tracks at weekends  as the circuits want events where they can take the gate money.

Cheers Rob

Appreciate what you do mate. See my later comment about the cost :-) 

Seems a lot until you break it down a bit.

4 hours ago, Z head said:

OK the Acu rules do not allow clubman novices to do an endurance race,ifanotherre running two bikes (tag  race) I believe you can but I am not sure as we have only looked at endurance racing.

I will however check again to see that we have the correct information.

My first every race meeting was with nolimits Endurance earlier this year. I was sharing a zx10r with mate though we did have a third rider on another bike so it was a tag race. Another team were doing the whole 6hr race on a single RC45 refueling, tyre swaps the lot. They had 2 novice riders.