slabby dropped a valve or something.

I bought this bike somewhat cheap and apparently needing a new cct. Well I replaced that and of course I should have known thats not what the noise was. it's still there. at low idle. something rattles and one cylinder misses. choke to get the bike started a little higher rpms and the noise goes away though. And when I test rode the bike it fired on all 4 after 4 or 5k or so. But at regular idle there is some kinda knuckley rattley sound. And I dont think it's the cam chain at all. The tensioner I took out worked fine and the bandit one I put in also. 

I guess just wish me luck for now. Any pointers before I get started. Should I need the suzuki valve tool or no?

If it had dropped a valve it'll run like crap and deffo won't run on 4. Big ends or main bearings possibly? If they've had it then symptomatic of bad oil pressure some time and cams may be fubar'd as well? Until you strip some down you won't know if you need special tools - normal spring compressor usually ok.

What GSXRCol said Dude.

My Slabbie was running rough at tick-over & No. 4 pipe was a lot cooler to touch, (spit test).

It sounds like your running issues. 

Tried all sorts, it was driving me mad.

Went back to basics, checked the valves, then balanced it, No, 4 was miles out.

As I adjusted the carbs in, you could hear it was right.

Don't know about the noise though, good luck

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently landed a new job for now and I havent really had time/energy for it as of yet. Saving up money for somebody to "help" me with this or sell it and move on. 

Ive been wondering how much I would have into shipping (from US) one of my bikes directly to dave dunlop and having him work the whole thing over...

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 6:03 PM, boilerdude said:

I recently landed a new job for now and I havent really had time/energy for it as of yet. Saving up money for somebody to "help" me with this or sell it and move on. 

Ive been wondering how much I would have into shipping (from US) one of my bikes directly to dave dunlop and having him work the whole thing over...

boilerdude...it was 700 bucks 3 years ago from queens to europe,plus 120 to build crate....then dave to work on it,the rate of exchange,ship it back, you`re looking at the best part of 4000..:(

Edited by 1168turbo
wrong word
  • 1 month later...
On 18/07/2016 at 3:03 AM, boilerdude said:

Depending where you are in the states, talk to Chris at MotoGPWerks - He's in Anaheim i think.