Clutch Recommendations GsxR 1052

Looking at replacing the clutch seem to be a few out there any recommendations,

CK , SRC , SRK, ?

No reason to upgrade as have Standard engine, but new materials might be an improvement only got sales pitch from company to go on real life experience would be good,

any thoughts would be helpful 

G.

Edited by Rsk_141

+1 for o.e.m frictions , carbon or Kevlar seem to discolour the oil quickly and are more prone to slipping with hard use, I've used all sorts over years but o.e.m seem to be stress free. Barnett seem OK  in bandits but I've only used o.e.m in my slabbie .As for springs kibblewhite  are very good, for more base pressure, if not just shim std ones with correct o.d washers  allways a cheap quick fix.

Edited by Fula28
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Fula28 said:

+1 for o.e.m frictions , carbon or Kevlar seem to discolour the oil quickly and are more prone to slipping with hard use, I've used all sorts over years but o.e.m seem to be stress free. Barnett seem OK  in bandits but I've only used o.e.m in my slabbie .As for springs kibblewhite  are very good, for more base pressure, if not just shim std ones with correct o.d washers  allways a cheap quick fix.

Cheers for that. Top tips always welcome.

18 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

What's wrong with kevlar and carbon frictions? 

No experience with either off them.. Just curious.

My experience is that kevlar frictions are more prone to slippage, and I have had clutch shudder with carbons in a race application. Stockers are grippier, and have a predictable lockup point.

Got some blue steel plates 

As for friction plates OEM is the recommended way forward 

Can you replace individual steel plates or is it best to replace them all?

Also I can see the theory behind OEM friction, what about Steel will TRW aftermarket plates be ok?

IMG_20160604_172909072.jpg