750W wheel into slingshot swing arm, which parts?

I know I've done it in the past and it's a common mod, but for the life of me I can't remember which parts I used. Usually I try and swap the whole braced swing arm over, but that will come later with this build.

95 750 R straight spoke wheel into a 91 750 swing arm, do I use the slingshot or W sprocket carrier and spacer?

Out in the country taking care of a parent and all my other bikes are back in town, so nothing to compare to out here.

Posted (edited)

OK, matching spacers to the same wheel and the width seems to be the same, but I suspect the sprocket is moving slightly with the W wheel and carrier. The W sprocket is also a 520 vs the 530 I have on the bike. I'd really like to use the W carrier as it looks like it's been polished and I'm a sucker for other people's hard work, but not if it will throw off my chain alignment.

Hard to tell from the photo, but under the grease it’s nice and smooth. 

IMG_3283.jpeg

Edited by Upshotknothole
Photo
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

im curious myself to be honest cause i also forgot....hahaha

I need to pull the sprocket off my normal wheel and I'll get everything figured out today. Everything interchanges with the matching spacers and sprocket carrier with the oil cooled caliper hanger, but need to double check chain alignment.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kamikaze said:

im curious myself to be honest cause i also forgot....hahaha

So I mounted up the W wheel with all the W spacers and sprocket carrier and everything fits, but the chain alignment looks pretty far off. Tried swapping over the M sprocket carrier, but neither outer spacer on the sprocket side would work. Plenty of room around the chain with either set up with a 180/55 rear tire. I don't have anything with me to double check wheel alignment, and I've been using a steel ruler on the sprocket to check chain alignment, but I could have sworn this was supposed to be an easy swap, for the life of me I can't remember how it was done.

I dug through some old threads on here and I think the W caliper hanger is thicker, so I feel like W wheel, W caliper hanger modified or extra spacer, W sprocket carrier and oil cooled sprocket side spacer would probably get it pretty close.

Gonna throw my stock wheel back in and hold off on the W wheel until I pull the 750W braced swing arm I have for the bike, unless someone else can chime in with info on how to get the W wheel to work.

Edited by Upshotknothole
More info
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Not  sure of its any help but I've fitted bandit 12 wheels into a slingshot .  Used the existing wheel spacer on the chain side , bandit 12 spacer on the disc side . I used the bandit 12 caliper carrier but had to thin it down slightly as a gsxr 1100 swingarm is slightly narrower at the wheel end .

• Like 1