my zuma 7/12

On 5/23/2024 at 10:17 PM, Duckndive said:

Calipers are on wrong sides :ph34r:

Thanks for that, never noticed as they bled up OK even with the nipples at the bottom. 

On 5/23/2024 at 10:50 AM, wraith said:

A bit of work put into that, looks nice (y)

Yea lots of parts from different bikes, gsx14 swingarm, k5 1000 front end, 5 sud thug yokes, xjr Ohlins, bandit bellypan, AP racing clutch master, Brembo calipers and master, Z900 RS front guard, busa back wheel and probably half a hundred other bits. 

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sgm said:

Thanks for that, never noticed as they bled up OK even with the nipples at the bottom. 

The opposite piston pairs in each caliper are different diameters and have been designed that way according to disc rotation, apparantly. This obviously changes by mounting the calipers upside down. How this all works I have no idea though.

Edited by Dezza
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Dezza said:

The opposite piston pairs in each caliper are different diameters and have been designed that way according to disc rotation, apparantly. This obviously changes by mounting the calipers upside down. How this all works I have no idea though.

The trailing piston (Top on a motor cycle) is smaller as the pad is hotter and will wear more quickly if you have the same pressure as the leading edge causeing the pad to taper.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, DAZ said:

Looks great,as does the oil cooled hard tail behind it 9_9

That's an 1100N engine, wheels, brakes and forks in an HUC frame, Gasoline ally noisy bastard pipes but I'm gonna baffle them down a bit. I was gonna just put  a run of the mill seat on it with the usual 2 springs but TBH they're not that great, got 2 bobber things already with them fitted, XVS 650 and a savage 650 single. Seen on the net a nice setup with a single leaf spring but cannot find anything for sale. Has anyone got any clue where I might get, thanks to all replies. 

20240317_052326.jpg

20240317_052300.jpg

20240317_052313.jpg

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Cobby said:

Is the front end swap just a case of stem swap and lock stops?

I didn't do the 750, was like that when I bought it. On the 1200 I just got lucky when I bought the THUG yokes as the stem fitted perfectly up the headstock, just had to do the stops myself.