clutch push rod length

Peterrr

Hey Guys

I stuffed a GSX750F engine in my popup katana, and because the GSXF has a cable clutch, and I want a fluid clutch I bolted one on from a GSXR1100
And I was wondering if anyone knows the length of the push rod I need, I don't think I have the right one at the moment because the cover won't fit..

IMG_20160202_171419300_zpsfa1i019q.jpg 

12 hours ago, JLawson90 said:

will check later on mate.. must admit i hadnt tried adjusting the cable!

This is the adjuster that FBB was on about turning out, don't worry about cable adjustment till you've sorted out your pushrod length ;)

B6Clutch%20adjuster.jpg

Edited by gray711

Got any more pics of your popup katana Peterrr ? reason I ask is I got one recently and am thinking of putting a oil cooled motor in it or big bore the standard engine.

I have a cable clutch conversion on a 1052 motor and the clutch pushrod length on that one is 90mm.

Edited by clivegto
20 hours ago, clivegto said:

Got any more pics of your popup katana Peterrr ? reason I ask is I got one recently and am thinking of putting a oil cooled motor in it or big bore the standard engine.

I have a cable clutch conversion on a 1052 motor and the clutch pushrod length on that one is 90mm.

Just took a few pics before dark.

Mine is an S3 popup from 84
Oil cooled 750F engine is a tight fit when it comes to the carbs (36SS) and fueltap, don't think an 1100cc will fit as easy as this 750cc because of the height of the 1100
Using a Bandit 650 oil cooler, 750 slabby oil pan, 1100R fluid clutch, GSXR750W wheels and forks, RamAir filters, stage 3 dynojetkit, 750R exhaust etc etc etc

Still some work to be done before I take it on the road, but getting there..

If you need more info just ask, you have a popup kat yourself Clivegto?

IMG_20160211_170019692_zpspgunlfkk.jpg

IMG_20160211_170029451_zpsqa8hn9if.jpg

IMG_20160211_170159531_zpsvkigx4pb.jpg

IMG_20160211_170542306_zpsql3hopbq.jpg

Edited by Peterrr
forgot something
  • Like 1

I've got some engine mount drawings if you want clivegto? That gives you a starting point.

You can use the rear bottom frame mount, the mount near the sidestand will have to be cut off.

Fitting an oil cooled engine in a popup is a tight fit because there is little space between the carburators and the gastank. And also the fueltap was in the way. 

I made a few little modificaties to the carbs and fueltap that gave me a few mm clearance

Bodywork on your popup looks good Clive, any more plans besides upgrading the engine?

Peterr yes I would like drawings of the engine mounts.

What did you do to the fuel tap ?

Am thinking about bracing the frame, upside down forks, wheels, brakes might keep the swinging arm as it has a wp shock fitted.

Paint is really good but there are some cracks in the side panels, some one has glassed the back of the panels for strength.

pop up KATANA 012.JPG