GSXF 600 flatslide CARBS

• Stanman changed the title to GSXF 600 flatslide CARBS

If you are serious about rs flatslides on a 600 bandit/gsxf, the 34mm is the smallest they do as far as I am aware, 2mm up on the stock size more than enough for any n/a 600. But unless you are competing in a capacity limited series you really would be better of with a bigger engine as a starting point... In my opinion for what that's worth . 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, DAZ said:

If you are serious about rs flatslides on a 600 bandit/gsxf, the 34mm is the smallest they do as far as I am aware, 2mm up on the stock size more than enough for any n/a 600. But unless you are competing in a capacity limited series you really would be better of with a bigger engine as a starting point... In my opinion for what that's worth . 

Hi Daz, I use the 600s in my bikes as I ride choppers, there plenty fast enough for me and very predictable, I used a fazer 600 in my last build which incorporated an airbox and it runs perfectly,  the bandit dose not have room for an airbox so I need to use either flat slides or filters. I read your last answer about the airbox rubbers and sock filters. I now realise the RS carbs are now only really available for the bigger engines so will try your idea. So when you used the airbox rubbers and filter socks did you fit a dyno jet kit then take it to be set up on a dyno?

17 minutes ago, Stanman said:

Hi Daz, I use the 600s in my bikes as I ride choppers, there plenty fast enough for me and very predictable, I used a fazer 600 in my last build which incorporated an airbox and it runs perfectly,  the bandit dose not have room for an airbox so I need to use either flat slides or filters. I read your last answer about the airbox rubbers and sock filters. I now realise the RS carbs are now only really available for the bigger engines so will try your idea. So when you used the airbox rubbers and filter socks did you fit a dyno jet kit then take it to be set up on a dyno?

No mine was a 1200 with twin k&N ovals and a st3 Dyno jet kit,never put it on a Dyno . I don't know why the 600s seem so sensitive to pods wether it is the smaller amount of airflow creates a weaker vacuum as it passes over the jets I'm not really sure tbh .

On a different note a guy I knew years ago built a chop based on an xj650 single top tube dropped seat rail type frame and modified the air box so that he used the front section then fitted a plate over the hole where the rear section was removed and to that plate fitted old Brit bike style round air filter would something like that work on your build ? 

8 hours ago, DAZ said:

No mine was a 1200 with twin k&N ovals and a st3 Dyno jet kit,never put it on a Dyno . I don't know why the 600s seem so sensitive to pods wether it is the smaller amount of airflow creates a weaker vacuum as it passes over the jets I'm not really sure tbh .

On a different note a guy I knew years ago built a chop based on an xj650 single top tube dropped seat rail type frame and modified the air box so that he used the front section then fitted a plate over the hole where the rear section was removed and to that plate fitted old Brit bike style round air filter would something like that work on your build ? 

Not sure I have enough room but my old bandit 600 run fine on pods, I remember just upjetting it but not sure by how much, I will try your idea with the airbox rubbers, filters and probably a jet kit.

Cheers for your help

• Like 1

if this helps im using a standard airbox on my GS1000 project and using B6 carbs,  the airbox is a 2 piece affair but not using the rear section, so gona use a pod filter that i can tune the air flow. all trial and error !!!!!  ;)

20240415_160223.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TonyGee said:

if this helps im using a standard airbox on my GS1000 project and using B6 carbs,  the airbox is a 2 piece affair but not using the rear section, so gona use a pod filter that i can tune the air flow. all trial and error !!!!!  ;)

20240415_160223.jpg

That is very similar to what was done on that xj650 ! Except he used one like this 

images (1).jpeg

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, DAZ said:

That is very similar to what was done on that xj650 ! Except he used one like this 

images (1).jpeg

I did the same thing on the Katzuma, but i didn't use a cone filter i just covered the hole with wire mesh and cut some air filter sheet over the top.  had no room for a cone filter as the battery was in the way :/