Fuel tap

Is there a difference between the gsxr1100k and the 1100 L/M/N taps ? 

And if so how do you tell them apart.

Sorry for the bum question but can't find the answer on the net ;)

Only reason I ask, is because one on the bike needs a seal kit and I can't remember which tap it was, as it was over 20 years ago when I got it :D

Not sure about M and N but K and L are the same as I bought a repair kit labelled K and L which fitted my K tap this might narrow it down a bit K and L fuel tap o rings are the same part number across all 4 models not sure if the taps are or not 

Edited by Simbec1863
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, wraith said:

Only reason I ask, is because one on the bike needs a seal kit and I can't remember which tap it was, as it was over 20 years ago when I got it :D

you forgot after 20 years !!!!   Christ i forget shit after 20 fecking minuets O.o  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, wraith said:

Just to double check, the slabside had just one fuel outlet and the slingshot had two fuel outlets.

Mine is the two outlet type :D

Yes, the 34mm carbs have a single fuel inlet spigot cast into the body of carb no. 3 (i think) whereas on the following racks the fuel plugs into the pair of plastic t pieces that bridge each pair of carbs

• Like 1
On 3/10/2024 at 6:11 PM, wraith said:

Is there a difference between the gsxr1100k and the 1100 L/M/N taps ? 

And if so how do you tell them apart.

Sorry for the bum question but can't find the answer on the net ;)

Dual outlet taps are the same across all 1100 slingshots, I believe.

The rebuild kits can be a bit hit and miss, and the main seal in the body needs a slide hammer to get it out without mullering the casting.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Nick said:

Dual outlet taps are the same across all 1100 slingshots, I believe.

The rebuild kits can be a bit hit and miss, and the main seal in the body needs a slide hammer to get it out without mullering the casting.

That be a small slide hammer xD