Carb tops

@wraith , I'm not 100% but I'm thinking the 36mm carbs of the 88/89 750 slingshot with the dot head had lower carb tops to help with frame clearance and the dot head intake angle along with shorter intake boots....I'm thinking I saw this in dezza's carb rubber sticky ,have a look no promises I've got it right its early and not enough sleep O.o 

Edit : it maybe MK1  750 teapot's....

Edited by DAZ
Added text
  • Like 2

GSXR/teapot rubbers are shorter than blandit rubbers so will bring the carbs closer to the head, which may also help solve the problem. It would be interesting to know if the GSXR/teapot carb tops go on blandit carbs and work OK though :)

• Like 2
On 2/13/2024 at 9:44 AM, Dezza said:

GSXR/teapot rubbers are shorter than blandit rubbers so will bring the carbs closer to the head, which may also help solve the problem. It would be interesting to know if the GSXR/teapot carb tops go on blandit carbs and work OK though :)

I've got some gsxr1100k carb tops somewhere, I will have a Hunt for them and post on the sticky thread :tu

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, clivegto said:

Won't using shallow carb tops not allow the slides to reach the top on full throttle on a carb thats designed with deeper carb tops ? 

That's always been my take on the carb tops. Seems like the volume and the height would be designed to work with specific diaphragms and slides.

• Like 1
Just now, Upshotknothole said:

That's always been my take on the carb tops. Seems like the volume and the height would be designed to work with specific diaphragms and slides.

Yea that's what I was thinking so you would have to swap them aswell which probably won't fit. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dezza said:

Great (y). Do you have the B12 tops to measure and compare?

Yes got the b12 tops. Also got the gsxr1100k slides and springs. 

Also got some gsx750f intake manifolds. 

Just need to find a bit of time to have a play xD

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

Yep, and then add into the equation engines of different capacity and those of similar capacity with different power characteristics

• Like 1
9 hours ago, GsxrDan said:

Tops from 88/89 gsxr750 carbs will fit. I ran them on a set of 1200 carbs before. From memory the slide operation was fine. Diaphragms shared the same part numbers. 

What is now needed is the carb top height measurements GSXR v Blandit :).

On 2/22/2024 at 9:22 AM, Dezza said:

What is now needed is the carb top height measurements GSXR v Blandit :).

@wraithdid you get a chance to sort your clearance issue yet , though it's been a bit Baltic for the past few days so couldn't blame you for not being in a rush :tu

6 hours ago, DAZ said:

@wraithdid you get a chance to sort your clearance issue yet , though it's been a bit Baltic for the past few days so couldn't blame you for not being in a rush :tu

No, I've not got anywhere near any of the bikes nevermind the project bike xD still doing house stuff :S 

I did find some gsx750f carb rubbers on flibay but there's not much difference with the b12 rubbers I've got as spares APX 3-4mm but that would do the trick. Still got to get to the box of carb bits as it's behind a load of wood xD to check the gsxr1100k carb tops and springs I know are in there. 

I do need to get back on to the bikes soon as all this house stuff is starting to drive me up the wall, in more ways that one xD and I've even started looking at doing a gpz900 with zzr1100 motor or a z650 with a b12 motor, so I must get back on to the bikes before i get another project ;) 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, wraith said:

No, I've not got anywhere near any of the bikes nevermind the project bike xD still doing house stuff :S 

I did find some gsx750f carb rubbers on flibay but there's not much difference with the b12 rubbers I've got as spares APX 3-4mm but that would do the trick. Still got to get to the box of carb bits as it's behind a load of wood xD to check the gsxr1100k carb tops and springs I know are in there. 

I do need to get back on to the bikes soon as all this house stuff is starting to drive me up the wall, in more ways that one xD and I've even started looking at doing a gpz900 with zzr1100 motor or a z650 with a b12 motor, so I must get back on to the bikes before i get another project ;) 

I moved 2 years since still doing stuff ..... B12 in z650 sounds good ,believe the rear engine mounts are something close .....no I'm not encouraging you  :stop: :D

Just now, DAZ said:

I moved 2 years since still doing stuff ..... B12 in z650 sounds good ,believe the rear engine mounts are something close .....no I'm not encouraging you  :stop: :D

xD I believe it's rear top mounts to make and alter the fixed front one and make a new other side one. 

The tank needs to be lifted by about 10+mm to clear the carbs. 

When I did one with a gsx750f motor it went in nicely but with the b12 being a bit taller. The one I did with the gsxf motor is one of them bikes you with you never sold. 

• Like 1