Carbs suzuki inazuma 1200

Hello , the carbs of my suzuki inazuma 1200 can not be repared.(32mm keihin)

Does anyone know if i could swap carbs from a suzuki bandit 1200 (36mm mikuni)

Would that go with the airbox ?

Also , when i look for new mikuni RS carbs , the gsx 1200 is never in the list of bikes that fit the carbs

Anyone know why ?They go for bandits and gixxers1100

Thx in advance

Ok thx , so the carbs from b600 and 750 have the same dimensions also ?

I think i would rather swap with mikuni because i don't want to have qame problem twice (carbs unrepearable because main jets are pressed in or something)

Just wondering if the mikuni RS series would fit and wich ones are best used on a zuma , 34mm , 36mm

I could buy those new and they look cool , bit do they go well on zuma ?

The bst36 from bandit would be the cheapest option probably do

Anyone know if a zuma runs great on them , tips or tricks ?

Inazuma 1200 has specific and dedicated only to it (and probably to the gs1200ss) carburettor rubbers. They are longer than in the b6 or zuma 750. I myself use carburetors from zuma 750 + zuma 1200 carburettor rubbers + airbox from b6 mk2 in my B6/1052 mk1.

Hmm in GSX750F 1989 I got an engine with a B12 mk.2. I left the original rubbers from the b12 mk.2 there and put on the carburetors from the 89 750F p&p. If there were any differences, the rubbers accepted it with dignity.:banana:

PS: I also have a bike with a 750 shortstroke and 750 mk.2 teapot rubbers and carburetors. Also p&p

Edited by Losiu
  • Like 1

Yes the MK2 bandit 1200 and post 98 750 teapot both used the 36mm bsr carbs that had a different spacing and need matching rubbers as on your 750 ss,  the early 750 BST carbs would have needed mk1  rubbers according to dezza's sticky but your experience differs so maybe some update is needed ...

the inlet rubbers for the GSX750 are the same as the B600.  

if you use Mk1 1200 bandit carbs in the zuma you will need the Mk1 inlet and airbox rubbers,  if you use Mk2 1200 carbs you will need the Mk2 rubbers. 

the Mk1 airbox rubbers are bigger so the airbox holes will need to be widened so they fit.

the 1200 zuma inlet rubbers are slightly longer than any other inlet rubbers as the 32mm carbs fowl on the camchain tunnel on the head. 

• Like 2

one thing to need to think about inazumap is you will loose some grunt from the bottom end and mid range with the 36mm carbs, but you will gain some at higher revs.  if you do a lot of full throttle high speed then ok but if you are mostly running at low to mid range then I'd stick with the 32mm carbs, or maybe go for 34's !!!!!!!    just my thoughts ;)

Thx all for the response !

@TonyGeeYeah i really like the low grunt , still the best bike at stoplight sprints

I have an offer on used bst36 but there is the brexit rules..

New RS34 could be an option , just have to save up a little longer then

32mm from b6 or 750 don't see any for sale atm

Never sure they are good of course online 2nd hand

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DAZ said:

@clivegto did you use the MK2 rubbers or have they been changed  for MK1 or other oil cooled inlets ? - trying to understand whether dezza's intake/carb guide is right O.o

No the mk2 rubbers will not fit the mk1 carbs so presumably there mk1. This was as is in picture when I bought it. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, clivegto said:

No the mk2 rubbers will not fit the mk1 carbs so presumably there mk1. This was as is in picture when I bought it. 

Yeah, makes fitting RS carbs to mk2 bandit engines a bitch now days if you don't have any spare dot head inlets. I've got two original sets and one that's been modified to take RS carbs and all of them need to be softened up a lot before carbs will go in them.