Lithium battery conversion.

Army

12 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

they really don't like the cold, so not best if you're gonna ride it all winter.

True, however if you put the full beams on for a minute or two before starting it in cold weather it really keeps it in good shape because it heats it up and gets the CCA flowing well rather than hitting the start button right off and straining it

I rode all year round for a long time, always using lithium batteries, once i had learned that trick they have always done well

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Joseph said:

True, however if you put the full beams on for a minute or two before starting it in cold weather it really keeps it in good shape because it heats it up and gets the CCA flowing well rather than hitting the start button right off and straining it

I rode all year round for a long time, always using lithium batteries, once i had learned that trick they have always done well

Yup, I used to do the same thing. Turn the lights on, put on my gear, and then fire it up.

• 1 month later...

Last year I put a Lithium battery in my '91 gsxr 11 without problem; from late '70, early '80 bikes has regulator does not exceed 14,5 V.
Anyway the LiFePo4 battery has got a BMS circuit inside.
Due to the high discharge current capability, I put a 4Ah Lithium instead of a 14Ah lead Yuhasa.